Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"R"- marked East German Helmet

Article about: Hey mates some days ago i saw this helmet for sale ( 64 USD) at a fleamarked in Mexico City. It is obviously East German, no problem so far. But it has this most curious painting, which look

Default "R"- marked NVA East German "Regulierer" Helmet

Hey mates

some days ago i saw this helmet for sale ( 64 USD) at a fleamarked in Mexico City. It is obviously East German, no problem so far. But it has this most curious painting, which looks quite official.
    I like it, but before i go bargaining i wanna know what that helmet is..

It has a black "R" inside a yellow circle.. around the helmet (except for yhe yellow circle) goes a painted white band

Anyone has an idea what the markings mean?
    Experts... you knowledge is needed !!!

Cheers..
    Daniel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "R"- marked East German Helmet   "R"- marked East German Helmet  

Last edited by danhashman; 06-10-2015 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Got new information on the item.

any pics of the liner / inside of the helmet ?

Could not take pics from the inside, as the salesguy did not allow it.. The Pics you see where taken in a quite clandestine way.

But i checked it well, it is the classic East German Design, with those sponges. The liner is the original one, but kinda dirty & mistreated.

Hello Danhashman,

This is an East German Model 1956 helmet. The R points to its use a helmet for a "Regulierer".

A traffic control officer of the NVA (Nationale Volksarmee = National Peoples Army).

These markings sometimes were printed or embroiderd on a helmet cover.

Nice helmet. Have a look inside. It might have the liner for a motorcyclyst installed.

Cheers,
    Emile

Great info... Thanks..
    i´ll try to get my claws on it, but i´lll need a better price..

i serached the web with the provided info and found this picture. not the best quality but i believe it shows a Regulierer-Stahlhelm in use, guiding traffic, just as so kindly explained by the previous post

Vielen Dank..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "R"- marked East German Helmet  
    Last edited by danhashman; 06-10-2015 at 04:26 PM.

Cool

thats not a common helmet find with those original markings, I would go back and try to buy it too, that would be a nice find , the price seems reasonable, even better if you can get it cheaper

I like to buy the uncommon used helmets like this with some history / markings

I hope he still has the helmet, when you go back, sometimes when you go back to buy something it's already been sold, better hurry and go back soon!

?

I would pick it up at that price, unusual helmet with nice signs of wear.

judging by the photo the shell appears to be a size III [large] plus it has the exposed rivets, so you know the shell is one of the older models

Did you got the helmet?

Kind regards
    Basti

Quote by ogpsycho View Post
    Did you got the helmet?

Kind regards
    Basti
    Wow! I never saw this when it was posted but I would have probably paid a lot more than $64 if I saw it on a flea market.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast