Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Romanian m73 airborne paratrooper helmet

Article about: Just to share another recent purchase ,i will try and follow up with more detailed pictures but for now this is the best i have It sits quietly next to my polish Wz 63 ,aside from the obviou

Default Romanian m73 airborne paratrooper helmet

Just to share another recent purchase ,i will try and follow up with more detailed pictures but for now this is the best i have It sits quietly next to my polish Wz 63 ,aside from the obvious differance in colour i see huge similarities between the liners and wonder if they were working to a specific design or just a coincidence ?also im curious to know the clues on how to date these and not in a romantic way before you say it Romanian m73 airborne paratrooper helmet

James i remember reading that Wz63 was used by other Warsaw pact countries, the above is the type used by the NVA, i understand the Wz63 was exported to other countries but Romania produced their own version!..

Hi Paul and thanks for the info ,much appreciated

Another cool Para Helmet for your collection James!! the net matrix is super cool in design too!!!

Paul when i get some better pictures I'll show the inner liner ,it has a similar nape section too which protects the wearers neck from the laced size adjuster

Sorry i must of double posted just as you typed Austro ,thank you yes the netting is usually the hardest item to find intact so i believe because they were easily damaged ,how true I'm not certain

Nice and not common, James!
    I know this helmet but I have never had to have one in my hands, I will watch with interest the interior photos.

Regards
    Roberto

Hello Roberto and thanks for commenting ,a bit of an oddity but another helmet off my wants list

Nice lid....now you need to get the other model with the longer neck piece (and I need to get your one!!!)

Thank you for sharing your fine example composite

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast