Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Romanian m73 airborne paratrooper helmet

Article about: Just to share another recent purchase ,i will try and follow up with more detailed pictures but for now this is the best i have It sits quietly next to my polish Wz 63 ,aside from the obviou

Great helmets !
    Thx., for sharin´!

Wish, I´d own one of these !

There:
    "odd", (polish ?), cord cutter knife !

images of the romanian Para´s cord cutter knife.

Thanks Reibert and for sharing your cord cutter ,very interesting and none of which I've seen before
    took a few daylight pictures today of what is really a cut down infantry m73 Romanian m73 airborne paratrooper helmetRomanian m73 airborne paratrooper helmetRomanian m73 airborne paratrooper helmet

I seem to remember some of the troops involved in the Ceaușescu execution were wearing these lids!..

....there's footage of both patterns (para) being worn then....I just wish I could find the link!!!!

Side comparison between para and infantry m73 and a Dutch m34 for good measure Romanian m73 airborne paratrooper helmetRomanian m73 airborne paratrooper helmetRomanian m73 airborne paratrooper helmet

Quote by James C View Post
    Side comparison between para and infantry m73 and a Dutch m34 for good measure Romanian m73 airborne paratrooper helmetRomanian m73 airborne paratrooper helmetRomanian m73 airborne paratrooper helmet
    Yup the Infantry M73 was based on M34!....

Some more comparisonsRomanian m73 airborne paratrooper helmetRomanian m73 airborne paratrooper helmetRomanian m73 airborne paratrooper helmet

So the infantry m73 is easy to date as the stamping is on the exterior rear edge and shows 1984 year of manufacture and also what must be a batch code ? maybe ,but how to tell on the para ,all this info has been trimmed away Hmm Does anybody know where to look ,perhaps its more liner based now to give clue'sRomanian m73 airborne paratrooper helmetRomanian m73 airborne paratrooper helmet

Hi James,

Another nice acquisition. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, that is a very nice collection of late 20th century militaria that you are gathering. One day that will be quite an important reference source. keep up the good work.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast