MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Russian SSH60 with net

Article about: Hi all, Annoyed from this ads?   Recently I found this Russian SSH60 and was intrigued by the netting. The writing inside looks to me like Arabic but after asking around it isn't. Does

Default Russian SSH60 with net

Hi all,

Recently I found this Russian SSH60 and was intrigued by the netting.
    The writing inside looks to me like Arabic but after asking around it isn't.
    Does anyone know more about these and where it could have been used?
    Helmet net has been stitched to the liner flaps so I'm not going to try and remove it.

Cheers,

Russian SSH60 with netRussian SSH60 with netRussian SSH60 with netRussian SSH60 with netRussian SSH60 with netRussian SSH60 with netRussian SSH60 with netRussian SSH60 with net

?

That is a very very interesting looking piece magic, the net look's like the type of weave used by Israel ?, is the the script Pashtun perhaps ( not that I can write or spell Pashtun of course) the reason I query this is the piece look's like the type of Helmet worn in Afghanistan, and I have a contemporary cap used by a Pashtun speaking Afghanistan soldier. Sorry I cannot be specific as I am sure that is the sort of information you need right now but thanks for showing this fascinating helmet,kind regards Opex

?

This say's Abdul Matin in Pashto

Russian SSH60 with net

Hey Opex,
    Thanks for your reply!
    Very good suggestion, think we might be getting towards an answer.
    Here's a photo I found of Russian forces in Afghanistan (same helmet-net combination).
    Russian SSH60 with net

If I can confirm this is Pasthun then we know for sure.

?

Quote by magicdutchmen View Post
    Hey Opex,
    Thanks for your reply!
    Very good suggestion, think we might be getting towards an answer.
    Here's a photo I found of Russian forces in Afghanistan (same helmet-net combination).
    Russian SSH60 with net

If I can confirm this is Pasthun then we know for sure.

Hi Magic, you are more than welcome , glad to you help out with this fascinating piece of history, excellent reference picture of the Russian helmet in use in Afghanistan too, that might just explain the netting being hand painted etc.
    I am only aware of the translation of Pashto on my Afghan cap as the the guy I bought it off served there and got the cap off Abdul. I am not aware of any search engines to translate Pashto- English though I am afraid.

Many thanks for posting this excellent Helmet up again, and good luck with finding any other information, I look forward to finding out if you do,kind regards Opex.

A very nice model 60 my own theory is the cover is field applied and made from a piece of soviet Kostium zashchitnoi seti KZS uniform ,it was used during the soviets afghanistan campaign initially by recon units and made from a very open weave cotton fabric the added script might suggest a captured helmet if the pashtun theory is debunked ,thanks for sharing a very desirable and interesting piece of history
    Last edited by James C; 03-16-2024 at 04:10 PM.
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    a very nice model 60 my own theory is the cover is field applied and made from a piece of soviet Kostium zashchitnoi seti KZS uniform ,it was used during the soviets afghanistan campaign initially by recon units and made from a very open weave cotton fabric the added script might suggest a captured helmet if the pashtun theory is debunked ,thanks for sharing a very desirable and interesting piece of history
    I'm with James on this one. It looks like a specific Soviet fabric.

Dom
    ?

In Afghanistan lot of "hand fashioned" is an interesting piece to keep

My Russian Afghan war relics groupingRussian SSH60 with netRussian SSH60 with netRussian SSH60 with net
    Regards James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast