Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

seller claims a Belgian police helmet is USN issue

Article about: Viet Nam Navy Helmet w/ liner - eBay (item 110538359034 end time Jun-02-10 09:21:45 PDT) Here is an Original US Navy helmet worn during the Viet Nam War. Both helmet and liner are in excelle

Default seller claims a Belgian police helmet is USN issue

Viet Nam Navy Helmet w/ liner - eBay (item 110538359034 end time Jun-02-10 09:21:45 PDT)

Here is an Original US Navy helmet worn during the Viet Nam War. Both helmet and liner are in excellent condition.

I asked if there are any markings inside? and he said:

The inside of the helmet reads..."UMAL-10-63

or 68, and under that is printed "GD". And it is dark blue inside and out.

-tennesseejed10

I told him it's a Belgian "Gendermarie" helmet and not a USN helmet but he doesnt believe me and insists it's a USN issue helmet
    Attached Images Attached Images seller claims a Belgian police helmet is USN issue 

Default Re: seller claims a Belgian police helmet is USN issue

Hope no one pays to much for that "U.S.N." helmet, pretty ignorant seller in my opinion, but thats just me

You should ask for more pictures.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Can you supply him with a website address where he can look up the information and find out you are right? If you can, and he still insists it's correct you have to assume he is fully aware of what he is doing.

Harry.

$55.00, for a Belgium GD lid,flippin 'eck, peole like this ,give good ebay sellers,a bad reputation,especially,if he knew what he was selling, one glance at the straps,told me is was not VN.....

>>>>
    Attached Images Attached Images seller claims a Belgian police helmet is USN issue 

Butch
    ?

I am the buyer of the Belgian helmet listed as a USN issue. I am a Navy vet and always wanted one. I am thankful for the information and at least know what I got. I sent a message to the seller but I expect to eat the helmet. I thought it was too good to be true and I did not expect to get it for that price. I was expecting to be out bid. O well, live and learn. I am still interested in an authentic Navy helmet in use during the 60'. Take care and thank you. Jules

hi Jules, I contacted you about the helmet, I tried telling the seller it wasnt US issue but he wouldnt listen

he doesnt show a photo of the liner, it could have a US liner in a Belgian Gendermarie shell.

I also bought one of these years ago advertised as a USN battle stations helmet, but now I know a lot more about helmets and when he told me it was marked UMAL 10 / 63 GD inside I knew right away it was a european clone used by Belgium.

here are photos of the one I bought on ebay several years ago advertised as a Vietnam era USN battle stations helmet, these originally had dark blue web chin straps, mine came with a US helmet liner with a light tan colored leather strap that was not US issue [Belgium]
    Attached Images Attached Images seller claims a Belgian police helmet is USN issue  seller claims a Belgian police helmet is USN issue 

?

Jules that ***** I hope you get your money back. Good luck. Gary

Arrow Re: seller claims a Belgian police helmet is USN issue

these Belgian Gendarmarie helmets originally came with matching blue plastic liners with a flaming bomb badge as shown
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture seller claims a Belgian police helmet is USN issue