MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

soviet Ssh 40

Article about: here's my post ww2 model 40 it has a faint 1948 stamp i have fitted the latter dubrok (little oak )flora russian ground troops cover ,the elasticated foliage bands are not symetrical and slo

Default soviet Ssh 40

here's my post ww2 model 40 it has a faint 1948 stamp i have fitted the latter dubrok (little oak )flora russian ground troops cover ,the elasticated foliage bands are not symetrical and slope down on the covers righthandside and up on the left also interesting to see a liner pad repair using a coat pocket soviet Ssh 40soviet Ssh 40soviet Ssh 40soviet Ssh 40soviet Ssh 40soviet Ssh 40soviet Ssh 40soviet Ssh 40soviet Ssh 40soviet Ssh 40soviet Ssh 40
    Regards James

Nice Helmet Jamesnever seen one with a leather chinstrap?usually assiated with Bulgarian M51's,luv the patina how the paint has worn away,the cover looks spot on too,well done and thanks for showing.........

thanks jake i wonder if this is refurbed ww2 period shell ?
    Regards James

I thought that too,as I've never encountered any post-war types with this strap only webbed type. are you sure its stamped 48 and not earlier?just has that wartime look about it............

Hungary also used ssh40s with a leather chinstrap. Nice lid James!...

many thanks paul ,now that is an interesting bit of info ,ill have to ask fabe as its his area of collecting ,id be glad to know if the pocket will positively identify the country of origin

Thanks Paul for mentioning Hungary,thats what I should have put in post 2,I wasn't aware that soviet shells were sold off to Hungary,I was always under the impression they copied the ssh40.............wait to hear on this theory.

?

Great looking piece James, with some very interesting features , Russian helmets are not my speciality so I have learned a lot from reading this, thanks for showing it and raising the profile of this specific genre

?

hi James, I'm fairly sure that's not a Hungarian shell - also the chin-strap is wrong for a Hungarian M50...

thanks opex and fabe thanks very much for clearing up the hungarian theory ,if anybody knows its you sir
    Regards James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast