Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish civil war helmet badge ?

Article about: Hello All, I have a M26 Spanish helmet and would like to add the badge to the front.I have seen some badges that have a single prong on the back that would slip into the helmet bracket that

?

Default Spanish civil war helmet badge ?

Hello All,
    I have a M26 Spanish helmet and would like to add the badge to the front.I have seen some badges that have a single prong on the back that would slip into the helmet bracket that is on the front.
    I have come across a badge for sale that has three prongs on the back of it. Would this type be what I can use on the helmet or is it for a cloth hat?
    Any and all help would be greatly appreciated
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I think the single tab is the one you need. Can you post some pictures of the helmet, I would be interested to see the paint color. The badge bracket would have been added in 1943.
    Steve.

?

If you are thinking of buying a badge, check this link first, the M26 has an army badge the M34 has a Civil Guard badge, they are similar so this should help you get what you want.

.: World War Helmets - Espagne :.

?

Thanks Steve,
    Here are some pic I took with my crappy cell phone.Spanish civil war helmet badge ?Spanish civil war helmet badge ?Spanish civil war helmet badge ?
    From the web site you posted it seems that the army badge eagle has open claws and the civil has the claws grasping something. It was hard to see the civil that is why I asked.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Phil, that's a nice helmet and not that common, mine is the same color but doesn't have the badge bracket.
    The army badge has the open claws, if you click on the helmet image it opens a page for each helmet, the text is in French but the pictures are really detailed.
    Steve.

?

Thanks Again for the help Steve, That is a Great site, now I know to click on the pic's and use the translate feature. Excellent!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

ASR
    ?

Hello,

Is a Spanish Civil War helmet reissued during the forties:

The originals were painted grey, these were overpainted in a greenish color (probably under the lining you can see the grey color) and relined (the original lining was black).
    The 1943 regulations introduced a golden eagle with a red cross that was pinned onto the helmet via a metal tongue for parades.

You can look in ebay Spain, they appear from time to time. Note that they have a metallic flap at the rear to affix it on the helmet, not the metal wire for fixing them on caps (from the front side they are identical).

ASR
    ?

there is only one model of eagle... The rest are just manufacturers variations.