Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish Civil War Tanker's helm, worth it?

Article about: So I found this on a local auction site, and I'm wondering if it's worth a go? Originally the seller thought it was a NSKK or German WW2 Motorcycle dispatch rider's helmet - but instead beli

?

Default Spanish Civil War Tanker's helm, worth it?

So I found this on a local auction site, and I'm wondering if it's worth a go? Originally the seller thought it was a NSKK or German WW2 Motorcycle dispatch rider's helmet - but instead believes it is a tanker's helm from the Spanish Civil War. You can maybe, vaguely make out where the spanish badge used to be? (maybe just me) Anyways, I thought to ask for some outside opinion first
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish Civil War Tanker's helm, worth it?   Spanish Civil War Tanker's helm, worth it?  

Spanish Civil War Tanker's helm, worth it?   Spanish Civil War Tanker's helm, worth it?  

Spanish Civil War Tanker's helm, worth it?   Spanish Civil War Tanker's helm, worth it?  

Hello FinMC
    this is a Spanish tank crewman helmet, copy of Italian M35, see at this link.

https://www.google.it/url?sa=t&rct=j...XTrK8hoWmPT4zg

for badges, this thread can help you:
    Spanish helmet M1942 "Modelo Z"

Regards
    Roberto
    Last edited by OldSteel; 09-06-2016 at 09:51 PM. Reason: add info

?

Would you say that it would be worth trying to get? are these helmets easy to find and all that? (Not too knowledgeable of Spanish Civil War pieces!)

This isn't especially easy to answer. The helmet is an Italian design, introduced in the middle 1930s, but I don't know for certain whether it was used during the Spanish Civil War, either by the Italian 'volunteers' or by Nationalists. Certainly it was used by the Spanish *after* the Civil War, for a number of years, and was manufactured in Spain. Used by some other countries also, probably Italian-made examples. Because of the obvious holes on the front this is very likely a Spanish issue and would have had the Nationalist eagle mounted.

I'm not a tank-helmet enthusiast so I don't really keep an eye on these, but I do have a strong feeling that lots of these came onto the surplus market some years ago. So not uncommon. I'd say that getting it depends on whether it interests you or not - just like everything really!

?

Cheers for the answer, and that is a good way of thinking of it!