Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Spanish helmet m24

Article about: hi pegase

ASR
    ?

Hello,

Spanish Civil War helmet reissued during the forties. As such it received the following modifications:

- Painted green--> The original issue was painted steel grey. Not to be mistaken with navy and airforce grey on post war reissued ones to those services.
    - Re-lined--> Original linings were black (though I'll not be all too strict on that, probably this was not too much followed during wartime production).
    - Addition of a metallic device at the front to hold the pattern 1943 eagle.

Helmets in untouched original condition and well preserved are becoming scarce nowadays, as the main source was does stranded in cellars, barns and the like and not military depots. Those with original wartime mottos or unit crests painted are now expensive.

thats interesting to learn asr it also explains why my m26 con ala is painted grey inside the liner crown area ,the rest is repainted green around inner rim and exterior shell,ive often wondered why so thanks

ASR
    ?

Spanish helmet m24Spanish helmet m24Spanish helmet m24Hello,

As it seems a rare bird out of Spain:

Original wartime manufacture M26 helmet. Please note:

- Remnants of brown liner (although it was supposed to be black!) and brown chinstrap.
    - Colour is grey with a slight field-grey hue. Pre-war helmets are plain steel grey.
    - It lacks the metallic clasp at the front to fix the model 1943 insignia.
    - See the ventilating (punctured and bigger) rivet at the side: A signal that is in untouched condition, most relined ones had the rivets replaced during the process. Replacements are more crudely made and of the same model all around, whereas originals have two <>.

I have somewhere a pre-war one in almost mint condition, yet I cannot remember where.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2