MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

spanish m26

Article about: hi . any ideea about this spanish helmet about the paint ?

?

Default spanish m26

hi . any ideea about this spanish helmet about the paint ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture spanish m26   spanish m26  

spanish m26   spanish m26  

spanish m26  

?

That paint job doesn't look like anything I've seen on a Spanish helmet before. Is it possible to take a better photo of the front without flash ? I can't make out what's in the circle emblem if anything.

?

here sir .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture spanish m26  

?

I was under the impression there was a painted insignia within the circle, it was just the glare of the flash. M26 helmets were generally green or olive drab during the civil war era and later were painted grey. They were used by both sides of the civil war conflict and as far I know none were painted in camouflage. The Republicans or anarchists had a tendency to hand paint symbols or slogans on the front like hammer and sickle or communist star. The Nationalists rarely painted anything on the helmets but there are instances where they painted the yoke and arrows symbol of the Falange party. I don't believe the paint is period applied. The design appears to have been painted over a rusty shell then sealed with lacquer causing so much shine. Maybe it was done for theatrical purposes ? I really don't know, I'm just speculating based on the helmets and images I have encountered. I will keep my eye open for anything that resembles this paint job.

Best regards, Al.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    ....The design appears to have been painted over a rusty shell then sealed with lacquer causing so much shine. .....
    Agree 100%.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)