Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Spanish m35 helmet?

Article about: Hi, thanks for the info on the clone M42, i havent had them for years so prob, wrong they are still very plentifull over here, so maybe cheaper. dave.

Default Re: Spanish m35 helmet?

Hi,
    thanks for the info on the clone M42, i havent had them for years so prob, wrong they are still very plentifull over here, so maybe cheaper.
    dave.

Hi,
    Its a spanish helmet, not german.
    If you look at the photo, you will seen a small metal oval disc on the front of the helmet, its to dissimulate a little hole for attaching the spanish insigna.
    Regards.
    Carfin.

can i ask if this helmet has the all leather liner how do you tell if its ww2 period or post war , is it true the ww2 ones had black chinstraps as opposed to the tan chinstrap thanks james

ASR
    ?

Undoubtly Spanish model 1943 helmet.

It resembles the german helmet, but the tell tale thing are the prongs to fix the liner.

They were in use untill replaced by the Kevlar marte helmet during the late eighties, this stands for the difference of the linings (the webbed one is from the seventies onwards).

The black or brown chinstrap is mostly a difference of manufacturer in this model.

Actually some pure german helmets were purchased by Spain either from germany or from France (after the war, as surplus)

that explains why some have such new looking all leather liners, they could be the last replacement liners added before 1975 and were put into storage until they were eventually sold on the surplus market, I remember back in the late 1980's these were very common to find at gunshows for around US $30 dollars, that was around the time the Spanish military stopped using these

ASR
    ?

Yes, exactly.

Some 20 years ago I bought my examples: Both, with the old and new type of liners, were unissued. About that time they flooded the flea-markets in Spain. Nevertheless the eagle badge for helmets remain quite an uncommon market, it seems it was not very used apart from some examples issued to troops intended for parades. Mine (both with the francoist and royal crown) were bought directly from a manufacturer who had still a box in his warehouse. I've never seen them again in signaficative quantities.

Non army examples (grey for navy and police personnel) in good condition are not common. I've never come accross air force (usually Italian M 1933 ) or red cross (usually m1926 Spanish helmets of civil war vintage) examples of this model, so maybe they were never issued to these branches.

i agree the francoist eagle insignia's are real hard to find ,i was lucky to find these Spanish m35 helmet?

Default Spanish M42 & M42/79

This Spanish M42 is salty condition and still has a partial original leather liner & straps the leather is dry from poor storage and age

The M42/79 is in much nicer condition with the later leather & web liner & chin strap

I like them without the badge since they didnt usually have it on there when used in the field
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish m35 helmet?   Spanish m35 helmet?  

Spanish m35 helmet?  
    Last edited by battle gear; 01-27-2015 at 01:49 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2