Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish Modelo Z for Review

Article about: My buddy is currently in Florence Italy with a group of college students. One of his students purchased this lid at a flea market and my buddy sent me photos of it for review. I assume it's

Default Spanish Modelo Z for Review

My buddy is currently in Florence Italy with a group of college students. One of his students purchased this lid at a flea market and my buddy sent me photos of it for review.

I assume it's a Spanish Modelo Z, either Spanish Civil War or WWII era vintage. What do you folks think?

Spanish Modelo Z for ReviewSpanish Modelo Z for ReviewSpanish Modelo Z for ReviewSpanish Modelo Z for ReviewSpanish Modelo Z for ReviewSpanish Modelo Z for ReviewSpanish Modelo Z for Review

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND CONSIDERATION!

Default Re: Spanish Modelo Z for Review

yes it has the original liner WWII and post-war until mid 1970s - very nice example.
    get the badge and you have a nice display piece.

- - Updated - -

Spanish Modelo Z for Review

here is mine with the badge.

Yeah, it's a nice original Modelo Z. It's quite rare to find them with their original 1942-43 liner.

Corey

Student has a good eye!

?

I was not aware they are rare with the vintage liner. I have one in near mint condition, and there's a guy selling them on eBay (from Italy, coencidentially) like there's no tomorrow.

Nitram

i doubt weather this spanish lid can be classed as having a rare liner this style was used up untill the 1970's so more likely post war and as they are not date stamped it makes it all the more difficult here's my exampleSpanish Modelo Z for ReviewSpanish Modelo Z for ReviewSpanish Modelo Z for ReviewSpanish Modelo Z for ReviewSpanish Modelo Z for Review

Hi, these are not stamped at all.
    Very hard to determine era.
    This one is myne.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish Modelo Z for Review  

nuno your nice example looks more ww2 period than most ive seen

Got one too liner looks very old Attachment 409432Attachment 409433Attachment 409434 I love NunoGTI helmet it look very different than what I have seen. Don't got the badge .. oh well can't have everything even if I wanted to