Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

swedish m26

Article about: here's my latest pickup ,a nice unissued example to accompany my m21 allthough similar in shape the crest and rolled edge have been deleted from production ,as for the date of this one is an

Default swedish m26

here's my latest pickup ,a nice unissued example to accompany my m21 allthough similar in shape the crest and rolled edge have been deleted from production ,as for the date of this one is anybodys guess i suppose anything from 1926 upwards for many decades untill the modernised liner was introduced sometime in the mid 60's ,ive also placed the hjalmdok as i intended to display and to highlight the netting have used a hessian background as for the stamp i can make out 69 so probably the size not the year and an illegible initialling above the 69 swedish m26swedish m26swedish m26swedish m26swedish m26swedish m26swedish m26
    Regards James

looks nice with the netted cover

your correct James the number 69 is the shell size [medium]

Size: 3 sizes (66, 69 and 72).

Thank you for the shell sizes battle gear and the nice compliment to the finished display
    Last edited by James C; 08-22-2020 at 01:09 PM.
    Regards James

Nice looking helmets!

Thank you steve
    Regards James

?

James you are going to need a bigger loft space at this rate!!. When I looked at the first couple of photos I thought that is one large helmet!! but with the 2 together it looks normal.. A nice little pick up here I have never seen one these before so something new learnt!!. Cheers Terry.

Many thanks terry ,these swedish helmets have been on my radar for a long time and for some reason i didnt get round to picking them up untill now ,the cover is the most unusual ive seen and looks like a wrapped up parcel on the shelf ,the cap peak folds downwards as do the sides and i believe it was to designed with nuclear fallout in mind back in the late 50's but i imagine it would be a good insulator from cold weather too i think last month i picked up the swiss models ,im just waiting on the m37 version now which looks very similar to the brit RAC ,your right about the war room its getting choc a block but i have just completed another section comprising of three new shelves but they have been quickly filled ,cheers james
    Regards James

some people have used the M26 to make repro WWII Japanese helmets or movie props, in We Were Soldiers they show a Viet Minh wearing a Swedish M26 since it kind of resembles a WWII style Japanese helmet

VIET MINH spotted wearing Swedish M26 helmet in "WE WERE SOLDIERS" movie

thanks quite an interesting take on this helmet sorry about the pun a coincidence but my m21 sits next to my type 90 ,side by side they are worlds apart but i imagine if the rim were cut away it might look similar thanks for the link swedish m26
    Regards James