Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Swedish m37 paratrooper helmet

Article about: by davejb Surely there not talking about a german M37 with the M31 liner system, the forerunner to the M38 ? !!!! My heart fluttered too at first

?

Default Swedish m37 paratrooper helmet

Has anyone any pics of a swedish m37 para helmet, mainly of the liner system.

Default Re: Swedish m37 paratrooper helmet

M37 para helmet ? Never heard of it boss. I've had a quick riffle through a few generally reliable texts and can find nothing. What leads you to believe such a thing exists?

Indeed, I did not realise the Swedish had paratroopers in 37 or had any need for a special helmet for them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I got an m37 at the weekend a re issue with the 60's/70's webbing liner , and next to it was an m37 with a para style liner with the 4 straps coming down to a chin piece and extra padding in shell. just assumed it was a para type. But can't find pics of it. Now i'am doubting myself on the shell type. i will go back tomorrow and get it.

Sounds interesting and it would be cool to see pics if possible.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The only thing I can think of is that there is a version of the Finnish M62 (which is to all intents and purposes the M37 shell) which has a three-point chinstrap which could be mistaken for a para rig at a glance. But there's no unusual internal padding in that. If you can get hold of this object I am sure several of us will be very interested.

?

Surely there not talking about a german M37 with the M31 liner system, the forerunner to the M38 ? !!!!

?

have you a picture of the m62 liner system.

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    Surely there not talking about a german M37 with the M31 liner system, the forerunner to the M38 ? !!!!
    . no it's post war 60's onwards webbing based liner.

?

Quote by busman View Post
    I got an m37 at the weekend a re issue with the 60's/70's webbing liner , and next to it was an m37 with a para style liner with the 4 straps coming down to a chin piece and extra padding in shell. just assumed it was a para type. But can't find pics of it. Now i'am doubting myself on the shell type. i will go back tomorrow and get it.
    There weren't ever any m/37-para helmets. The helmet you saw was most likely an m/37 helmet with experimental liner made for trials and/or export variety. These were used as ordinary front line helmets due to helmet shortages during the war. You really should have bought it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast