Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

swedish model 1937/65

Article about: Here's my latest pickup the second model m37 this one has the revised liner system moving away from the 3 pad system to a riddel style webbing the liner supports seem almost like the west ge

Default swedish model 1937/65

Here's my latest pickup the second model m37 this one has the revised liner system moving away from the 3 pad system to a riddel style webbing the liner supports seem almost like the west german bgs helmets as is the chinstrap and breakfree catches although there is no olc stamp on the catch ,unfortunately both decals have been purposely removed but there are remnants most probably because as this helmet was purchased from lithuania i can assume issued to perhaps latvian army ,inside the front rim is a 69 stamp and three crowns ,it sure does look diminutive on the shelf below the much larger m21 swedish model 1937/65swedish model 1937/65swedish model 1937/65swedish model 1937/65swedish model 1937/65swedish model 1937/65swedish model 1937/65swedish model 1937/65swedish model 1937/65swedish model 1937/65
    Last edited by James C; 07-10-2014 at 09:16 PM.
    Regards James

Although not a fan of Grants Whisky, and preferring a more manicured lawn - the helmet looks good! it sits very nicely with the other helmets too. One question for you James. is the bottle one third empty, or two thirds full?

thank you for the compliments on the helmet steveas for the lawn my bunnies seem to be on strike and have been for some time, my theory on the bottle of gold watch is originally it was 100%proof but seems to have evaporated down to about 77% i blame the hot weather
    Regards James

I noticed you also like the "salty" been there look, I like the compact profile of the M37/65 , the liner suspension looks like a nice improvement.

?

Nice new addition James, this one has some really interesting features as you pointed out , the universally popular Riddel system looks in great condition, and I must say I am surprised the the Swedes adopted the Bundy style of chinstrap. Whilst I am not a great fan of Swedish helmets yours does appeal due to it's provenance.

here's an update with the hjalmdok cover in place ,this netted cover seems to be interchangable between all the swedish model helmetsswedish model 1937/65swedish model 1937/65swedish model 1937/65swedish model 1937/65swedish model 1937/65
    Regards James

?

Hi James , look's very good in your latest post, can I ask how these covers are held on , I assume a drawstring ??

your spot on mate ,it has two ,one internal and one external ,between them both it really does secure well to the shell of the lid
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    your spot on mate ,it has two ,one internal and one external ,between them both it really does secure well to the shell of the lid
    Hi James, that's good to know as I have a Swedish helmet and was thinking of sourcing one these covers to add more interest to it, as a result make it all the more displayable