Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

swiss helmet with WM decal

Article about: hey guys, i came across this and i was wondering if this could have been possible. were there any german units that used swiss helmets or is this definately a crappy postwar addition?

Default swiss helmet with WM decal

hey guys, i came across this and i was wondering if this could have been possible. were there any german units that used swiss helmets or is this definately a crappy postwar addition?
    Attached Images Attached Images swiss helmet with WM decal  swiss helmet with WM decal  swiss helmet with WM decal 

ian
    ?

Default Re: swiss helmet with WM decal

hi IMO its an ebay special but probably worth having as a awiss helmet (decal removed ) i dont think the swiss manufacturing capability would run to export
    there national income is based on money lending and they are historicly neutral
    any way as i say nice helmet shame about the decal
    just my opinion cheers ian

Quote by ian View Post
    i dont think the swiss manufacturing capability would run to export
    Don't underestimate the swiss industry...
    They exported quite a lot military goods to both sides in WW2.

But this decal on the M18 is pure SciFi.

ian
    ?

well yes i must admit MOWAG a swiss armoured vehicle manufacturer now owend by general dynamics land systems,have a very good exsport history especialy multi wheeled light armoured vehicles
    the helmet to me is a very odd design but i would love one the more modern helmet also to me seems a bit odd but very distinctive ,there designs to not apear to have any out side influence prety unique
    cheers ian

Well, main export items have been Oerlikon AA guns and aircraft parts for Messerschmitt (Me108, 109). But Switzerland also provided logistical support, like maintaining the Lufthansa civil aircraft fleet in the Swiss Air facilitys at Duebendorf. Or sending a swiss military medical mission to german field hospitals on the eastern front.
    Main allied purchase items in Switzerland have been micro screws for detonators and similar. They were shiped via Vichy France up until 1942.

Here are my 3 M18's:

1. Post war rough paint
    2. Fire brigade M18 with crest of canton St. Gallen
    3. Fire brigade M18 with crest of canton Thurgau

I love the fire brigade helmets, even if not military. Would make a nice collection to have them with all canton crests (26), but they are somewhat rare. I bet there are a lot of collectors in Switzerland for those.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture swiss helmet with WM decal   swiss helmet with WM decal  

swiss helmet with WM decal  

ian
    ?

thanks for showing these i just love the look of them thay are so different from any other design cheers ian

Hi,
    my helmet has the insigna of the canton Luzern,
    the different with yours is the axe on the top of the insigna
    do you know why?
    thanks

Davide
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture swiss helmet with WM decal   swiss helmet with WM decal  

swiss helmet with WM decal   swiss helmet with WM decal  

?

Thumbs up Re: swiss helmet with WM decal

Very nice

The only Swiss helmet I have is the Post war 1918!
    Thanks for sharing those pic's

There are plenty other helmets out there with period applied decals but these all seem to be conquered nations helmets. A swiss helmet in my opinion is a real stretch. The germans produced plenty of helmets and its doubtful they would have purchased any from the swiss. Any reason why the seller wont show any close ups of the decal anyways?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast