Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Swiss M71

Article about: Hi all have just added this Swiss M71 to my collection (been a bit of a bumper time for Swiss stuff for me this month!!!) This one has the maker stamp of BT78 but is pre-hanging ring fitted

Default Swiss M71

Hi all have just added this Swiss M71 to my collection (been a bit of a bumper time for Swiss stuff for me this month!!!)
    This one has the maker stamp of BT78 but is pre-hanging ring fitted type.
    The leather has a name marked "HIGI" it is missing the 25mm white ID disk... but has the original strange sliding noose... green crown adjustment chord !!!
    leather liner also has a makers stamp H.R.P.T. 78 the size is 57-58
    the outer shell has a pinkish label affixed to the back...name label??? if it was its faded!!
    it came with this nice used Alpenflage helmet cover... but I also have a mint unissued one somewhere!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swiss M71   Swiss M71  

Swiss M71   Swiss M71  

Swiss M71   Swiss M71  

Swiss M71   Swiss M71  

Swiss M71  

very nice indeed paul and no word of a lie ,this is the view in my back garden as i type, Swiss M71great minds and all that thanks for showing your nice example ,im just about to post mine over on my uniforms thread in a mo ,cheers james

Figured to post my new one here as details are shown here.
    I've had this camo cover for nearly 20 years and it was about time it got mated up!
    81/82 mfg and the smaller size
    Have to say that these are a hefty helmet!

must say mine also has remnants (adhesive glue marks) on the rear?

You gotta love that camo pattern. I only have two items of Swiss militaria, a TAZ57 jacket with hood and a TAZ83 shirt and I only got them as I like the colours.

Oh Chucky & Mo approve of this helmet!

Twenty years to "mate" a helmet and a cover?!...now that IS dedication!

I think this is one of the most mis-sold helmets...they're virtually always "Russian"......but if they come at the right price who cares. I'm just trying to figure out which mission the Swiss paras were on in SE Oz when one of them dropped it!... :-)

Quote by Composite View Post
    Twenty years to "mate" a helmet and a cover?!...now that IS dedication!

I think this is one of the most mis-sold helmets...they're virtually always "Russian"......but if they come at the right price who cares. I'm just trying to figure out which mission the Swiss paras were on in SE Oz when one of them dropped it!... :-)
    on the floor!!!!!

Quote by Composite View Post
    ...which mission the Swiss paras were on in SE Oz when one of them dropped it!... :-)
    You're in serious danger here of enabling the myth that these are paratroop helmets. Yes, I KNOW you don't think that (I hope...) but others might have the wild claims of Ebay sellers confirmed. I just find it quite maddending that so many people (including many supposedly informed dealers -'real' dealers not just Ebay chancers - it has to be said) assume any steel shell with a three or four point chinstrap is a para helmet.

I've not ever actually seen these tagged as Russian, but then nothing's impossible. I do keep an eye out for them as I have a mad idea of getting the complete set of shell and liner sizes. There are two shell sizes and four liner sizes. And then there's the late addition of the rear hanger ring - both factory fitted and field mod. And two or three paint finishes. The M71 is one of those apparently 'dull and ordinary and not collectable' helmets with plenty of actual variations.

One day, sooner than later, these will be uncommon verging on rare. The factory-fit hanger shell already is.

Ahhh, I was waiting for someone to spot that one Wilson.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast