Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Swiss m71 helmet

Article about: I bought this one today for £9 and it is a Swiss m71 helmet. Hopefully that was a reasonable price to pay, not really my thing but I could not resist at that price.

Default Swiss m71 helmet

I bought this one today for £9 and it is a Swiss m71 helmet. Hopefully that was a reasonable price to pay, not really my thing but I could not resist at that price.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swiss m71 helmet   Swiss m71 helmet  

Swiss m71 helmet  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Swiss m71 helmet

Hi Jerry
    In my opinion it is a good price for cool lid.
    I like it.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Hi Jerry
    In my opinion it is a good price for cool lid.
    I like it.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Cheers Nuno. I knew it was post war and continental but I was unsure if it was Swiss or maybe Italian or something but I looked it up in a book I have so gotta be a winner.
    Regards,

Jerry

Good price for this lid. It is rusted and scratched a bit - but the price was right, IMO.
    Some sellers mistakenly call these 'Swiss Paratrooper's helmets'.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Makes you wonder how something like this ends up in an antiques center in west Wales.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Bond View Post
    Makes you wonder how something like this ends up in an antiques center in west Wales.
    I am always surprised by the things you can find in antique stores and flee markets. Especially flee markets.
    Sometimes a stall at a flee market only got one militaria item and that makes you wonder. Especially if it is only one helmet, an antique gas mask or a similar item without much use apart from display.

?

this is my swiss helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swiss m71 helmet   Swiss m71 helmet  

looks quite vintage jerry with a been there look to it ,nice find and great price ,do you plan on buying the camo cover or just leave it be ,regards james

Quote by col james View Post
    looks quite vintage jerry with a been there look to it ,nice find and great price ,do you plan on buying the camo cover or just leave it be ,regards james

Hi James,

I had a look on Ebay for the camo cover and they are £5 inc P&P, but I probably won't get one, as it is "as found" and it sort of defeats the object of buying it cheap, as you can buy the helmet with cover for 20 euros.
    Regards,

Jerry