Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Swiss Model 71 Helmet & Alpenflage Helmet Cover

Article about: Another recent acquisition for my collection Swiss Army Model 71 (M-71, 1971)although the official designation is the M-71 all the information I have been reading suggests they were not put

?

Default Swiss Model 71 Helmet & Alpenflage Helmet Cover

Another recent acquisition for my collection Swiss Army Model 71 (M-71, 1971)although the official designation is the M-71 all the information I have been reading suggests they were not put in to active service until 1975 these steel helmets were extremely well built and to the highest standard of quality.
    In 1990 a modified version of the helmet was produced with a hanger ring attached to the rear of the rim on the helmet shell these were re designated Model 71/90 (M-71/90) at the same time many of the older M-71's were as well retrofitted with the addition of the hanger ring this particular example has been painted in a darker green coat of paint which from my understanding would put the production date some time in the late 1980's or early 1990's while researching these I came upon an interesting piece of information that states the the chinstraps were built with a breakaway junction in the form of a pin gate on one of the Y connectors fittings on the side of the chinstrap .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swiss Model 71 Helmet & Alpenflage Helmet Cover   Swiss Model 71 Helmet & Alpenflage Helmet Cover  

Swiss Model 71 Helmet & Alpenflage Helmet Cover  

very nice mark and a great addition ,i have an example too and appreciate them a lot so well done sir ,im also glad to see the lack of hanging ring and as you say an earlier example ,thanks for showing mate
    Regards James

sorry mark but should of mentioned the date stamp is found above the wearers right ear on the underside of the rim ,mine starts bt 83 so 1983 manufacture so if you have yours in hand have a look ,here's my example to show you if you dont mind ,Swiss Model 71 Helmet & Alpenflage Helmet CoverSwiss Model 71 Helmet & Alpenflage Helmet Cover
    Regards James

?

Hi James as always you are more than welcome to post your examples for comparison sadly mine is still in the post should be hear next week as to the manufacturers mark and date code on your example it was produced by (Bronzewarenfabrik Turgi 1983) and I could not agree more they are a very cool helmet and display well with the Alpenflauge cover.

Regards Mark

thats great to hear mark on posting my example on your thread ,also thanks for the maker ,i didnt know so ive learned something new myself today ,cheers buddy
    Regards James

ideally id really like the swiss woodland taz 90 pattern cover on mine but these never seem to come onto the surplus market ,maybe one day
    Regards James

?

You are most welcome sir I managed to come upon a list of Swiss helmet manufacturers and a partial list of liner producers while doing my research.

Regards Mark

good stuff mark ,thanks again for the maker ,these are such good quality helmets ,and dare i say it comfy on the bonce have a look for the wearers name tag ,a white disc usually attached somewhere within the liner system
    Regards James

Thanks for the info. I also have one without the hanger with the camo cover.
    They are so well made.

?

James and George I could not agree more top quality manufacturing if I come upon taz 90 patt cover James I will send you a PM as to the name tag it is evident on the interior shot as ro the disk date stamp and MM mark that will have to wait till it arrives.

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast