MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Swiss Model 71 Helmet & Alpenflage Helmet Cover

Article about: Another recent acquisition for my collection Swiss Army Model 71 (M-71, 1971)although the official designation is the M-71 all the information I have been reading suggests they were not put

thats very kind mark if you do find a cover ,and reassuring to know the tag is present on yours ,i just couldnt see in the pictures you provide but in nearly all examples the tag can be found ,great to hear you have an example too george
    Regards James

?

The helmet arrived a couple of days ago thought I would include a few outdoor pics I must say I was rather surprised by how heavy these helmets are .
    The shell on this particular example was manufactured Bronzewarenfabrik Turgi as well and is dated to 1975, and James there is no sign of the ID disk you mentioned so it must have been either removed and or has been lost somehow over the years .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swiss Model 71 Helmet & Alpenflage Helmet Cover   Swiss Model 71 Helmet & Alpenflage Helmet Cover  

Swiss Model 71 Helmet & Alpenflage Helmet Cover   Swiss Model 71 Helmet & Alpenflage Helmet Cover  

Swiss Model 71 Helmet & Alpenflage Helmet Cover   Swiss Model 71 Helmet & Alpenflage Helmet Cover  

Swiss Model 71 Helmet & Alpenflage Helmet Cover  

now thats a real nice early example mark your outdoor pics really show this and some 8 years older than minegreat to see the same maker stamp though ,forgive me but for some reason i had it in my head this was without the 1990 upgraded hang ring , as you say quite a heavy piece and the quality is very apparent inside and out ,i agree on the reasons for the missing tag and untill i purchased mine didnt even know about them being fitted ,thanks for the update
    Regards James

?

You are most welcome sir thanks for commenting James it is appreciated upon inspection of the helmet it has become evident that the rings are not physically attached to the shell and or liner and are merely held in place by a combination of two clips one to the shell and one to the liner band and I missed it as well in the sellers pics
    As to it being an early shell I am very about that detail my information suggests these were not issued as a general service helmet to the Swiss military until the same year.

Regards Mark

I like the nice textured finish on these Swiss helmets, the profile almost looks like a WWII German paratrooper's helmet, the way the front visor has been cut back

I still havent bought one of these for my collection, maybe if I ever find a large size 59 - 61 , most of the shells Ive seen are the small - medium sizes

thats a very good point BG i never saw the comparison before to the Fallschirmjager but now you mention it
    Regards James

?

Thanx BG they are a very well constructed helmet and I was quite happy to be able to add this example to my collection.

Regards Mark

mark im sorry mine didnt come with the 1990 upgrade hanging ring now ,especially as you tell me the way its attached so it doesnt in any way alter the integrity of the shell perhaps i can find one someplace
    Regards James

Default Swiss M71

these Swiss soldiers have Woodland camo covers on their helmets and the Swiss SG 550 assault rilfe

I read that this rifle was adopted in 1990 so they were still using the Swiss M71 steel helmets in the 90's
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swiss Model 71 Helmet & Alpenflage Helmet Cover   Swiss Model 71 Helmet & Alpenflage Helmet Cover  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2