Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Swiss WW2 Helmet. Anyone give me any information?

Article about: I've never looked for one, but I have seen them on eBay, couldn't tell you if they were authentic or repos though. We were lucky, ours came with a cover.

Default Swiss WW2 Helmet. Anyone give me any information?

Hey everyone,

This Swiss helmet recently came into my possession, and I am trying to find some information on it. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot about Swiss military equipment from WW2 online, or at least I cant seem to find it. Please tell me whatever you guys think you might know about it. Thanks!

Here are some pics:

Default Re: Swiss WW2 Helmet. Anyone give me any information?

Also, is the even from WW2? The stamp is a K over top of an IX it looks like.

I believe this to be an M40?

You have a Swiss M1918/66 (or /60 depending one what source you read.) This is the last type of 3. You can tell by the way the liner is strung together, the end of the toungs are folded over and stitched with the string pulled through. The /40 will have eyelets on each of the fingers/toungs.

These are very common, especially the /66. An original M1918 is a bit harder to find and goes for quite a bit more money.

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    You have a Swiss M1918/66 (or /60 depending one what source you read.) This is the last type of 3. You can tell by the way the liner is strung together, the end of the toungs are folded over and stitched with the string pulled through. The /40 will have eyelets on each of the fingers/toungs.

These are very common, especially the /66. An original M1918 is a bit harder to find and goes for quite a bit more money.
    What is the value on this would you guess?

Quote by MySonsDad View Post

Hopefully, I didn't pay too much.

Sadly, the /40 and /66 are pretty common. I think you can find them on eBay and in a lot of surplus ships for $20, that's what I paid for my kids /40. We also have a M1918 first model, we paid a bit more for that one.

Well, I paid 40 for this so I guess I didn't get burned too bad; Its still a pretty cool helmet. Next time I wont buy something if I'm not able to do my homework first

These lids are funny, some people love them and others hate them. Not real collectable I guess because they never saw combat, the Swiss did a good job of not pissing off the neighbor, preventing them from getting invaded. I picked one up for my son, when he first started collecting, because they are very affordable. I picked up the second (the first type) a few months back because I knew how hard they are to come by. Personally, I like the look, especially with the WWII woodland cover, which we have on ours.

Do you know of a place online I can pick up one of those covers?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast