Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Trubia Sin Ala

Article about: I was lucky enough to find this unmodified Trubia Sin Ala at a a very fair price. Leather is dry and hard, but I´d say it is the original liner (Black leather). Some rivets have been changed

?

Default Trubia Sin Ala

I was lucky enough to find this unmodified Trubia Sin Ala at a a very fair price.
    Leather is dry and hard, but I´d say it is the original liner (Black leather).
    Some rivets have been changed and the leather band has come loose from the helmet shell where the older rivets were (Low quality manufacture).
    It has not the welded front plate for the eagle, and It is covered by three layers of paint : Two different greys (pre war) and a bright green (Post war). I wonder what was the original paint. It has been said that they were originally painted in artillery grey (A light stone grey in which all military equipment was suposed to be painted) but first coat seem to be a dark steel grey...
    Trubia Sin Ala
    There is a clear difference in size both inside and outside between original rivets and new ones, older are smaller and seem to be applied in a more "industrial" way while newer are hammered in place :
    Trubia Sin Ala
    Trubia Sin Ala
    Overall a nice, far from "untouched" example...

They must be fairly rare now!....

?

Untouched mint ones are quite rare and expensive for a SCW item. "Salty" ones, when find, go a lot cheaper but still are worth around 100€. Post war modified oness are cheap and you can find them easily for around 50€ or less.
    I like this one both because it was a real bargain and because it is battle worn...