Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Uae m1

Article about: by battle gear James C , this camo painted para liner looks like it matches the camo on your helmet set? I think this could also be from the Saudi military? this sold on ebay as a Gulf War b

Default Uae m1

ive not posted any helmets in this section for a while but seeing as i was recently given this m1 clone as a christmas gift (from a valued member on this forum )i thought id share pictures of it ,believed from research to be a republic of china, taiwan export, this chinese clone is very much the same as the us m1 with its two part construction and riddel style liner ,ive fitted what i theorise to be the correct cover for it a saudi 6 colour desert pattern ,also i hastily knocked up a temporary display alongside my desert storm us trooper for comparison ,it wont be a permanent fixture though ,i just dont have the room ,enjoy jamesUae m1Uae m1Uae m1Uae m1Uae m1Uae m1Uae m1Uae m1Uae m1Uae m1Uae m1Uae m1Uae m1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uae m1  

I like it. If we both have ROC made examples, then they are different eras, different companies work, or both. There are significant differences the two. Your shell is better made than mine, with a different exterior finish. Your liner has a chinstrap, mine does not have those fittings, and mine has the dangling napestrap of the '68 version. It's tough to tell but yours either doesn't have one at all or uses the WW2/50's strap. I think yours has a grommet in the front, right? Mine omits that feature. Overall, yours looks better fitted and finished than mine, which has an overall feeling of, well, "cheaply made for export" about it.
    I would say these Asian made M1 Clones are uncommon at best and not well known.

?

I like it, and the way you have kitted it out also James.
    Are those mannequins in your display, or have you figured out a way to do a similar effect?

Brad.

?

Nice helmet James..Qute hard to come by now days by the sound of things?..So well done on side of things & a great display too...All you need now is a plastic 1!!!! Cheers Terry.

thanks cammobunker,my liner has what looks similar to the pre 1964 riddel suspension system albiet without the neck strap ,the liner does has its own leather chinstrap and also an insignia grommit hole ,where as yours is more like the post 1964 us ground troops design ,i notice my rear seam is not central but off to the side slightly ,thanks brad ,i quickly made up this torso display purely for this thread but my desert storm soldier is a permanent fixture ,i simply make the displays in this fashion and pack out for realismUae m1Uae m1and many thanks terry ,i think these can be classed as rare as rocking horse poo ,so i was very gratefull to be given one ,there really are some great blokes on this forum ,thanks james

Nice again James what type of Gasmask is that on display?the colours are great on whats the proper name for it?sorry not really up with this but im trying a little bit...........

jake no harm in asking at all mate as im not sure which one so ill say the m1 clone has a french/belgium model 51 gassie and the pasgt has an m17a2 with nbc hood ,ive also seen french troops using the m51 gasmask during the first gulf war ,thanks james

Default Uae M1

very nice camo Uae matching M1 set, these are not easy to find with the camo pattern like that , great find!

here is my Chinese export model M1 made for the UAE / Saudis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uae m1   Uae m1  

Default UAE camo para liner?

James C , this camo painted para liner looks like it matches the camo on your helmet set? I think this could also be from the Saudi military? this sold on ebay as a Gulf War bring back item
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uae m1  
    Attached Images Attached Images Uae m1  Uae m1 

?

Hi James, as before really like this helmet a lot and the way it is displayed.

I believe your's is a Saudi issued piece, judging by the camouflage effect, and I like the decking planks that is a very nifty idea to be used as a display stand,cool idea Mate.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast