Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

UN helmet & cover

Article about: I picked this helmet up on the weekend and thought I would share some images. I believe this is a Australian m1 helmet they seem to have thicker chin straps and have a darker green to them.

Default UN helmet & cover

I picked this helmet up on the weekend and thought I would share some images.
    I believe this is a Australian m1 helmet they seem to have thicker chin straps and have a darker green to them. also has a heat stamp R GF.
    The liner has a cat number 8415-50-753-5792 and has a lighter green to the webbing. the sweet band has a broad arrow stamp on the inside.
    The cover has a NSN number 8415-17-110-4835 0n the tag.

The tag inside the cover I don't no how to date or identify maker.
    thank you mark, helmet and cover look unused.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture UN helmet & cover   UN helmet & cover  

UN helmet & cover   UN helmet & cover  

UN helmet & cover  

Hello Geelong,

The helmet cover is Dutch. KL stands for Koninklijke Landmacht (Royal Army). We used them on our M-1 clones till the mid nineties.
    I wonder how helmet and cover came together?

Cheers,
    Emile

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    Hello Geelong,

The helmet cover is Dutch. KL stands for Koninklijke Landmacht (Royal Army). We used them on our M-1 clones till the mid nineties.
    I wonder how helmet and cover came together?

Cheers,
    Emile
    Thanks Emile.
    I would think this helmet could be a put together helmet being a australian m1. They are not that hard to find over here. And the cover. Maybe he came across it on its own. And instead of wasting a US m1 on the cover.
    I picked it up at a gun show.
    But I will ask my brother when I speak to him next. About UN helmet covers. Thats if he can help.