Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown helmet cover

Article about: Hi all. Had this helmet cover a while. its in tatty condition and I dont know what it is. Dont know if its for an M1 helmet but I just put it on one to give it shape. There are no markings a

Default Unknown helmet cover

Hi all. Had this helmet cover a while. its in tatty condition and I dont know what it is. Dont know if its for an M1 helmet but I just put it on one to give it shape. There are no markings and it has some sort of drawstring as opposed to flaps like the mitchell covers. Any ideas welcome. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown helmet cover   Unknown helmet cover  

Unknown helmet cover  

Default Re: Unknown helmet cover

looks like a jacket hood spitace ,are there drawstrings present ?
    Regards James

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Hi all. Had this helmet cover a while. its in tatty condition and I dont know what it is. Dont know if its for an M1 helmet but I just put it on one to give it shape. There are no markings and it has some sort of drawstring as opposed to flaps like the mitchell covers. Any ideas welcome. Cheers.
    I can see where your coming from, although i cant see anywhere where it would attach to a jacket. Certainly looks like a purpose made helmet cover to me

JBR
    ?

It's not Indonesian, is it? Like one of those on feldgrau33's recent thread? Regards,

?

Looks like a nice field made cover to me

Cheers

Quote by JBR View Post
    It's not Indonesian, is it? Like one of those on feldgrau33's recent thread? Regards,
    Hey you could well be right there. Hadn't even thought of that. Cheers

?

The covers that feldgrau33 posted are completely different the first cover shown in his thread is more of a DPM pattern and the second one is either a Korean RKO pattern or a Beogam
    The cover posted above looks to be a variation of woodland camo in lowland dominant browns and I am as well leaning towards it being a field made or custom cover.

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    The covers that feldgrau33 posted are completely different the first cover shown in his thread is more of a DPM pattern and the second one is either a Korean RKO pattern or a Beogam
    The cover posted above looks to be a variation of woodland camo in lowland dominant browns and I am as well leaning towards it being a field made or custom cover.

Regards Mark K
    What period would you say? I'm guessing between 60s and 80s ?

?

If you look at the pattern closely you will notice that the blacks used are quite large this is a pretty good indicator that it is second generation ERDL which did not come in to production until 1981.

For reference purposes here are two picture of the back sides of two of my field shirts the first one is in the second generation ERDL dated late 1981.
    The second image is a Dominant brown ERDL dated to 1968

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown helmet cover   Unknown helmet cover  

Last edited by Mark K; 03-24-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: add image