Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown M1 Helmet Liner

Article about: Hello all, A friend has recently asked me to ID his M1. The shell is undoubtedly a US made rear seam with anchor marked straps. The liner however is something I have never seen before. It ap

Default Unknown M1 Helmet Liner

Hello all,

A friend has recently asked me to ID his M1. The shell is undoubtedly a US made rear seam with anchor marked straps.

The liner however is something I have never seen before. It appears to be made out of a hardened plastic, marked 'TAE'. Liner appears to have some age, the chinstrap is genuine leather.

Initially I thought perhaps a Euro clone but I can't match it with any I know of. I am certainly leaning on the idea it is perhaps an older reproduction. Any thoughts? Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown M1 Helmet Liner  
    Attached Images Attached Images Unknown M1 Helmet Liner  Unknown M1 Helmet Liner  Unknown M1 Helmet Liner  Unknown M1 Helmet Liner 

Wish I could help Mate! bugger the pics aren't in higher res! -guess mid east?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Wish I could help Mate! bugger the pics aren't in higher res! -guess mid east?
    It is a mystery mate.

I did take the pics in poor light on my phone but I am not sure why so small. Must be phone setting I am unaware of. Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images Unknown M1 Helmet Liner 

Hi!
    I have the same liner with the same tag TAE.
    Can someone tell me about this manufacturer?
    Unknown M1 Helmet Liner

?

middle eastern?

?

Can't really help, I don't think it's a Euro clone, not Israeli, did any other Middle East country made their own M1 liners? it's interesting that there are two examples shown and they have the different versions of the liner.

Xristoforus, can you make out the writing, looks Hindi or variation of.

Steve.

Hi!
    This helmet will soon be in my hands. After that I will take a detailed photo and see the inscription.
    Thank You

?

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    Can't really help, I don't think it's a Euro clone, not Israeli, did any other Middle East country made their own M1 liners? it's interesting that there are two examples shown and they have the different versions of the liner.

Xristoforus, can you make out the writing, looks Hindi or variation of.

Steve.
    I think that Iraq and maybe Iran made helmets which sort of resembled m1s. Im not sure though.

I'm sure I've seen the green liner bands on Argentine m1's, no idea on the liner maker though

This a liner to a paratrooper's helmet. The liner system is more complex than the standard liner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast