Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown steel helmet

Article about: Hi there, I need some help. I have a steel helmet, probably WW 2. Has any of you seen such a helmet before? Thanks in advance for the help! Kind regards, Hanneke Vischer

Vischer
    ?

Default Unknown steel helmet

Hi there,

I need some help. I have a steel helmet, probably WW 2. Has any of you seen such a helmet before?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Kind regards,

Hanneke Vischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown steel helmet   Unknown steel helmet  

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Re: Unknown steel helmet

It looks like a Czech helmet to me.

Vischer
    ?

I think you're right. It must be a M34.
    Thank you very much!

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Vischer View Post
    I think you're right. It must be a M34.
    Thank you very much!
    It's nice to be on the giving end of advice for a change!

Hello Hanneke,

This is a very good, minty, Czechoslovakian VZ32 helmet.
    VZ stands for Vzor or model in Czech. The black stamp gives the manufacturer. I can't make it out.

It seems to be named to some chap. Could you give us the name?

These helmets were also used by the Germans after overrunning Chechoslovakia in 1938-39. They were used by quite a number of organisations and countries.

Interesting lid!

Cheers,
    Emile

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    Hello Hanneke,

This is a very good, minty, Czechoslovakian VZ32 helmet.
    VZ stands for Vzor or model in Czech. The black stamp gives the manufacturer. I can't make it out.

It seems to be named to some chap. Could you give us the name?

These helmets were also used by the Germans after overrunning Chechoslovakia in 1938-39. They were used by quite a number of organisations and countries.

Interesting lid!

Cheers,
    Emile
    You are quite right! Here is an German OT / Czech helmet that I no longer own.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown steel helmet  

Vischer
    ?

Hi Emile,

This chap was my husbands grandfather. He fought in both WW's. I also have his helmet from WW 1. I attached some pictures.

Furthermore I have 2 books on the 1936 Olympics in Berlin, 1 book about Adolf Hitler from 1936 with real pictures and a book which is called "Deutschland erwacht", dated 1933 (also with real pictures).

If anyone should be interested I can send pics and more data.

Regards,

Hanneke
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown steel helmet   Unknown steel helmet  

Hi Hanneke,

That's a very good M16! Original liner and colour! You have some very good items there!

Since your name is Dutch I presume you married a German? Very unusual for your husbands family to have held on to the helmets! Do you know in what unit your father in law served in WW2 and why he wore the M32 instead of a regular German M35/40/42?

Cheers,
    Emile

Vischer
    ?

Hi Emile,

My husband is American with German roots. His grandfather served in the Königlich Bayerisches 14. Infanterie Regiment (Hartmann) - WW I. My husband doesn't know what he did during WW II. His grandfather saved about all the items from both WW.

Regards,

Hanneke

The name on the Czechoslovakian liner seems to be done with a strange kind of marker. (pink ink?) Perhaps post war done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast