Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this West-German helm?

Article about: Hi Guys, Quick question: Is this a West-German 1952 helmet with camo net? Would you say, that all parts are original, and what's the market value? THX in advance! Cheers, Fabe

?

Default Is this West-German helm?

Hi Guys,

Quick question:

Is this a West-German 1952 helmet with camo net?

Would you say, that all parts are original, and what's the market value?

THX in advance!

Cheers,
    Fabe

Is this West-German helm?Is this West-German helm?Is this West-German helm?Is this West-German helm?Is this West-German helm?Is this West-German helm?Is this West-German helm?

Default Re: Is this West-German helm?

Fabe, ....No, probably French, Belgian or Danish with the plastic inner helm....but not West German, they did not have an Army until 1955, and their first steel helmet was an M1 clone, the "M56 Zweiteilige" helm...........see here..
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bunde...helmet-196791/

Prost ! Steve.

?

Thank you for the info

The west side of the cold war era is still mystery to me... I'm getting good with the Hungarian post war stuff thou' - in fact I'll update my thread very soon again.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Fabe, ....No, probably French, Belgian or Danish with the plastic inner helm....but not West German, they did not have an Army until 1955, and their first steel helmet was an M1 clone, the "M56 Zweiteilige" helm...........see here..
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bunde...helmet-196791/

Prost ! Steve.

?

Btw., the price is around 25 USD...

It is definately a French mle51, an early edition. Production of these was farmed out all over France, to assist regional economic development. This one is is by Menesa, from Neunkirchen in the Saar, a frequently disputed border area between France and Germany. At the time it was under French control, though later in the 1950s returned to Germany. This is a very nice early mle51, from a hard to find maker. And also, I think, one of the minority produced that has the 'hook' element of the chinstrap on the right rather than left. A nice one - I envy you!

I believe the camo cover is from a later period and would not have been originally issued with a helmet of this vintage.

?

THX for the +info...I didn't get it yet, but I guess I should...would be my first post-war "Western" helmet.

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    It is definately a French mle51, an early edition. Production of these was farmed out all over France, to assist regional economic development. This one is is by Menesa, from Neunkirchen in the Saar, a frequently disputed border area between France and Germany. At the time it was under French control, though later in the 1950s returned to Germany. This is a very nice early mle51, from a hard to find maker. And also, I think, one of the minority produced that has the 'hook' element of the chinstrap on the right rather than left. A nice one - I envy you!

I believe the camo cover is from a later period and would not have been originally issued with a helmet of this vintage.