Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What kind of helmet is this?

Article about: I just got this. There are no makers marks on the helmet. The only thing marked is the chin strap buckle. Anchor Brand Pat 6-26-12. The inside is a weird tannish color, very shiny. The outsi

Default What kind of helmet is this?

I just got this. There are no makers marks on the helmet. The only thing marked is the chin strap buckle. Anchor Brand Pat 6-26-12.
    The inside is a weird tannish color, very shiny. The outside and the bottom of the rim is a pretty uniform chocolate color. Doesn't feel very heavy, and I'm thinking some kind of repro, but the liner looks extremely worn. Any ideas? I've not seen any kind of helmet liner like this with the metal clips appearing to be spot-welded to the inside of the helmet.

It wasn't expensive, so if it's nothing, it'll make a good planter

Did I say it has a raw edge rim? No rolled edge. On another thread it is identified as a post-WW2 Israeli. It's still a nice addition to my overall helmet collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What kind of helmet is this?   What kind of helmet is this?  

What kind of helmet is this?   What kind of helmet is this?  

What kind of helmet is this?  
    Last edited by roger9344; 02-18-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Default Re: What kind of helmet is this?

This forum is such a gold mine of information. I found a similar helmet in another thread which was identified as post-WW2 Israeli. Moderator, please move this post to the World Helmets area, if you would be so kind. Thank you.

No replies? This must be very difficult for helmet experts then
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Because of the liner construction, I really think this is some kind of civilian helmet. Arrow is a manufacturer of welding equipment. I'm wondering if this isn't some kind of civilian protective headgear. It is really too light to be military. I have not been able to locate any pictures of it in use anywhere. I don't think it's Israeli, either.

?

US CD helmet, "VICTORY Helmet, Bailey Hat Co., LA"
    http://www.helmy.w8w.pl/amerykanski%20wz.OC.htm
    Piotrek