Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what kind of helmets are these

Article about: that vz3o is an beauty I like very much that helmet but in Romania is hard to find .as the russian ssh36 helmet I have the same love for she.

dbale
    ?

Question what kind of helmets are these

my dad has 4 helmets and sent me some pics to verify what they are, i believe the first one to be german or czech, the 2nd and 3rd look to me to be US or british, and the fourth one i have no idea what it its... thanks for the help, justin
    Attached Images Attached Images what kind of helmets are these  what kind of helmets are these  what kind of helmets are these  what kind of helmets are these 

3mk
    ?

Default Re: what kind of helmets are these

The first one looks Czech other 2 look British and American and the last one looks Russian

Hi Justin, we will need to see the liners to confirm if they or US or British lids. The last one is not Russian though. Italian I think you will find.

Cheers, Ade.

?

hello!
    the last is an italian m-33
    greets lir2

3mk
    ?

Indeed i should of looked at it closesly instead of just having a 1 second look and posting.

the second one looks like a early WWII era US M1917A1 , does it have a leather liner and tan web straps?

the third helmet looks like a WWI US M1917

piesse
    ?

The last is M33 Italian in Civil Spain War configuration.

Rivets are first production, until 1938-1939, as nearly all M33 used in Spain Civil War.

This is a kind example, above all seem no modified post civil war.

Quote by piesse View Post
    The last is M33 Italian in Civil Spain War configuration.

Rivets are first production, until 1938-1939, as nearly all M33 used in Spain Civil War.

This is a kind example, above all seem no modified post civil war.
    Agreed also the patina looks like an Italian M33 used in the Spanish civil war.

?

Quote by magicdutchmen View Post
    Agreed also the patina looks like an Italian M33 used in the Spanish civil war.
    You may be misunderstanding the meaning of patina. Patina is the word used by collectors of antiquities when referring to old(black) rust on a helmet or the aged corrosion on other metals such as the green looking crust on bronze or copper formed by oxidation. I don't see how that patina would help to identify an Italian M33, which in this case seems to have very little patina.

Quote by Bugme View Post
    You may be misunderstanding the meaning of patina. Patina is the word used by collectors of antiquities when referring to old(black) rust on a helmet or the aged corrosion on other metals such as the green looking crust on bronze or copper formed by oxidation. I don't see how that patina would help to identify an Italian M33, which in this case seems to have very little patina.
    You can actually see a brownish paint on top of the Grigo verde paint that is slightly gone. The wear and tear in the paint indicates it is not postwar repainted yet used for Spanish civil war.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast