Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

What nation is this M1 helmet from?

Article about: the only one i can find that has the two studs on the J hook part of the chin strap is the Denmark model 48 M-1 type clone ? .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 48 :.

?

the only one i can find that has the two studs on the J hook part of the chin strap is the Denmark model 48 M-1 type clone ?

.: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 48 :.

i think nickD might right on this. but to have more of a idea some photos of the buckles might help and the join in the seam found on yours seems to be the same as as one of the helmets in the link. and images of the chin stap rivets. this might help.

I bunch of detailed photos of all aspects of the helmet and liner would be incredibly helpful, it would be purly speculation to ID this helmet from the photos shown.

Russ

Here are some more detailed views of the liner/inner helmet, I didn't take anymore of the actual outer steel helmet because there is really nothing else to show, it's really plain. Hopefully these help and also thanks for everyone taking a look and giving your opinions.
    What nation is this M1 helmet from?What nation is this M1 helmet from?What nation is this M1 helmet from?What nation is this M1 helmet from?What nation is this M1 helmet from?What nation is this M1 helmet from?What nation is this M1 helmet from?What nation is this M1 helmet from?What nation is this M1 helmet from?What nation is this M1 helmet from?

The innerhelmet doesnt look danish.

Cheers, Mads

No distictave markings of any type?

While their may be others, the only two countries that I am aware of thta used US M1's or their own clones that used a large rivet to secure the chin straps to the bails were the Danish (M48) and the Argentinean M-1 clone.

Good luck with the ID and will be watching to see if you are able to find something conclusive!

Regards,

Russ & Son

I can't find anything printed or stamped on, I have looked multiple times but to no avail. Also thanks!

the liner is throwing it off to. and the chin straps and join in the seam makes the shell to be danish. but a early US helmet did have the rivets in the chin straps. the m1s did not have have this, if it was a fixed bale maybe. not 100% on this. need some time.

Quote by geelong View Post
    but a early US helmet did have the rivets in the chin straps. the m1s did not have have this, if it was a fixed bale maybe.
    Apologies if I am mis-reading this..... I'm 99.99% certain no US produced and used M-1 ever had a rivet securing the chin strap unless maybe a make shift field repair. All WWII M-1 head sewn on chin straps until late war period when the T-1 style clipped chin strap appeared.

Someone please correct me if I am mis-spoken.

Regards,

Russ

Your are correct Russ,rivots were only used as in field repair and nothing else,now I came to the same conclusion as you,as you've already stated above,the problem is (1) the wire J hook is much finer on a clone lid also the buckle was a lot squarer than this type,to be honest the hook and buckle and webbing looks typical WW2 US made with oxidation,now forget M48 no comparison differant completely,the chinstraps were grey so too were the rivots which were plastic coated and each of the early m48's made for the Danish cival defence had a serial number punched into the rim at the rear next to the seam,also that liner cannot be original to that helmet can it?if it is then someone has chopped it big time cos it aint meant to sit with that much excess shell around it,still think its south American made clone despite there being slight differances in the metal parts,thats the best conclusion I can reach...............Jake.P.S just to add that Argentina had sourced there helmets from originally the US then Brazil and also produced there own so that could be why the suttle differances.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast