Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

would you ever buy a repro WWII German helmet? who makes the best repro on the market?

Article about: I personally would not buy one, it will never be more than it is, that feeling that all collectors know when you hold something original just won't be there. I would go with something real i

Default Re: would you ever buy a repro WWII German helmet? who makes the best repro on the market?

Quote by Major Tom View Post
    Hey battle gear,
    A couple of months ago I had a semi-relic lid its a really nice one with a fake decal and a Lithuanian liner which looks pretty close to the originals I bought at a yard sale and posted it here on the forum. If you want it? its yours my friend. give me your address!!. look at the discussions back a few months to retrieve the pic's its a Quist 64 German wartime, I don't need the money.
    More proof that the WRF has the classiest members of them all

Very generous of you Major Tom.

"The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving."

— Albert Einstein

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Re: would you ever buy a repro WWII German helmet? who makes the best repro on the market?

Quote by Major Tom View Post
    I think its a nice piece, I also thought I hit the jackpot when I bought it. But sometimes it just about the nostalgia of owning the real McCoy no matter what its worth. Im saving bills for a real nice one anyway. Hopefully Battle gear wants it.?
    Hi Major Tom,

I'll take it, PM sent

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    If he doesn't, you can send it up this way...........
    He wants it!! so she's boxed up and ready to go Friday.

Cool Re: would you ever buy a repro WWII German helmet? who makes the best repro on the market?

here's the helmet I received! it looks great on display! thanks to Major Tom

would you ever buy a repro WWII German helmet? who makes the best repro on the market?would you ever buy a repro WWII German helmet? who makes the best repro on the market?would you ever buy a repro WWII German helmet? who makes the best repro on the market?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture would you ever buy a repro WWII German helmet? who makes the best repro on the market?  

Are you positive that's a fake decal?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Are you positive that's a fake decal?
    I was told by DOUGB and everybody else it was a fake decal with a lithuanian liner??? If it isn't he just received a very fine gift.

- - Updated - -

Quote by battle gear View Post
    here's the helmet I received! it looks great on display! thanks to Major Tom

would you ever buy a repro WWII German helmet? who makes the best repro on the market?would you ever buy a repro WWII German helmet? who makes the best repro on the market?would you ever buy a repro WWII German helmet? who makes the best repro on the market?
    Your very welcome friend. Enjoy.

Major Tom that was a kind gesture. Thumps up from me
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Re-enacting. Yes. Airsoft. Yes. Collection. No. Play. Yes.

Bit of thread necromancy...Added in to the high cost of an original is the not inconsiderable possibility of getting a fake. Unless you know-and I mean really know, and study, and handle a number of certified genuine originals- the chances of you getting a partial fake or "enhanced" original are disgustingly high. Rule of thumb is, the less "special" it is- camo painted, wired up, carrying dual decals, SS, etc-the better your chances of not getting burned.
    Besides, as an example to "placehold" in a collection it's fine. They are pretty inexpensive, actually, especially when compared to an original SS or Normandy camo original.
    If all else fails, they are dandy to mount horns on...

Yes, I would, and have bought replica German helmets. International Military Antiques sells a very detailed replica helmet, which includes factory stamps and dome stamp. I do own three authentic helmets, and I paid $6,ooo.oo for an SSET helmet, and $1200.00 for an Austrian transitional SD helmet. Not everyone can afford these helmets. There is nothing wrong with paying $89.95 for a decent repo. People are free to choose. I don't mind buying a reproduction if I KNOW it is a reproduction.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast