Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 French Steel Helmet w/ bullet hole and inscription inside

Article about: My newest yard sale find.. I was told a WW2 French Helmet. Appears to have a bullet hole in side of helmet and an A type of symbol inscribed inside helmet on brim. I was hoping someone may k

Default WW2 French Steel Helmet w/ bullet hole and inscription inside

My newest yard sale find.. I was told a WW2 French Helmet. Appears to have a bullet hole in side of helmet and an "A" type of symbol inscribed inside helmet on brim. I was hoping someone may know what the symbol means?
    -Nicole
    WW2 French Steel Helmet w/ bullet hole and inscription insideWW2 French Steel Helmet w/ bullet hole and inscription insideWW2 French Steel Helmet w/ bullet hole and inscription insideWW2 French Steel Helmet w/ bullet hole and inscription insideWW2 French Steel Helmet w/ bullet hole and inscription insideWW2 French Steel Helmet w/ bullet hole and inscription insideWW2 French Steel Helmet w/ bullet hole and inscription insideWW2 French Steel Helmet w/ bullet hole and inscription inside

What rivet has been used to attach the crest split or one with a hole in? the symbol could have been field applied by a soldier so we might never know.
    Edit: it looks like an M26 Adrian but other country's used this style of helmet
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

looks like a French export Mle 26 Adrian helmet used in the Spanish Civil War 1936 era

the marking is probably some type of personalized symbol a soldier scratched inside during the war, could be his initial of his name or anything?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 French Steel Helmet w/ bullet hole and inscription inside   WW2 French Steel Helmet w/ bullet hole and inscription inside  

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    What rivet has been used to attach the crest split or one with a hole in? the symbol could have been field applied by a soldier so we might never know.
    Edit: it looks like an M26 Adrian but other country's used this style of helmet
    Here is a better picture of the front. I see no way to attach a crest, no holes, what does that mean in regards to this helmet?

I'm also thinking Spanish civil war used M26 adrian. Can't quite distinguish the emblem due to the flash, but a falange would make sense. Can you make a photo without a flash in natural daylight?

Quote by magicdutchmen View Post
    I'm also thinking Spanish civil war used M26 adrian. Can't quite distinguish the emblem due to the flash, but a falange would make sense. Can you make a photo without a flash in natural daylight?
    Here ya go, I just took these outside, no flash, I almost see a rusty star shape?
    WW2 French Steel Helmet w/ bullet hole and inscription insideWW2 French Steel Helmet w/ bullet hole and inscription inside

MAP
    ?

Quote by serialins0mniac View Post
    Here ya go, I just took these outside, no flash, I almost see a rusty star shape?
    WW2 French Steel Helmet w/ bullet hole and inscription insideWW2 French Steel Helmet w/ bullet hole and inscription inside
    Just a thought. Looks like the emblem was maybe welded on.....Here's my Italilan UNPA. Outline looks different but you can see it was welded on.

Italian UNPA steel helmet. French or Italian??

Michael

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by serialins0mniac View Post
    Here is a better picture of the front. I see no way to attach a crest, no holes, what does that mean in regards to this helmet?
    no holes means the helmet was made for Export for another country, most likely a helmet supplied to Spain, I have this one in my collection without any holes.

Italy also used this type of helmet and they painted their symbols on the front.
    Edit im not sure if they used the M26 but just a thought.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Italy also used this type of helmet and they painted their symbols on the front.
    Edit im not sure if they used the M26 but just a thought.
    Steelhead....I've seen Italian examples of what appear to be M26 (or maybe their own production). Not 100% sure but they look like M26.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast