MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WWI Police Helmet?

Article about: I think I'll end up just selling it on ebay but with out cheating people! So Its a Old Civilian police helmet? or is it world war 2 civil defense helmet. I want to label it right. So basical

?

Default Re: WWI Police Helmet?

I think I'll end up just selling it on ebay but with out cheating people! So Its a Old Civilian police helmet? or is it world war 2 civil defense helmet. I want to label it right. So basically next time when I go to buy a helmet I should research it first. I want to sell it on ebay and recoup some of my lose but I want to make sure I describe it properly! I don't know if the person I bought it from cheated me or actually thought it was WWI helmet. He had a very small antique shop but that was the only military item in there everything else was coins and jewelry.

I would call it a WWII era Police helmet used by city police

the seller probably thought it was from WWI because the shape looks similiar to a WWI Doughboy's M1917 helmet

ww2fotos
    ?

Almost every auction that has WW 2 items has one of these helmets. A LOT of people are going to be stung. The auctioneers invaribly call them "WW 1 doughboy helmets" or something similar.

?

Thankyou for your feedback! Now I know what to look for!! I'm going to start looking again! I have a lot of WW2 Memorabalia as my wife's grandfather was a WW2 Tank Commander but I was trying to find WW1 stuff!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2