Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2 Old and Fat 4 CMRs with the Bike GGHG Change of Command Parade

Article about: Well here are a couple of photos of myself and the fellow that paid for the repro Douglas with side car, I am the only one in the group that has a Motorcycle ticket, so I ride it and explain

?

Default 2 Old and Fat 4 CMRs with the Bike GGHG Change of Command Parade

Well here are a couple of photos of myself and the fellow that paid for the repro Douglas with side car, I am the only one in the group that has a Motorcycle ticket, so I ride it and explain what we are doing.
    These were taken at the Change of Command Parade for the Gov Gens Horse Guards in Toronto Ontario On Sat the 18th

The 3rd Div Badges on our our arms are too blue, but I am trying to find the proper colour and material, as well the bike needs some tweeking, some of it major. after we work out the finial "problems" with the bike, we will be getting more of them, perhaps 4 or 5 more

It was 35 degrees that day, on pavement, and as we did not march or ride during the parade, we were at Attention or At Ease for 2 hours, That was hard for 2 old men!!!
    My DR boots are original WW1 Private Purchase, they have a seal skin toung to stop water or mud from getting into the boots, I have them resoled for the uniform, the boots and Gaiters worn by the Sgt, were hand copied here of originals, I had the original 1913 Dated C Broad Arrowed Gaiters and a friend had the original boots, so our feet were somewhat sore.

Anyway, here are a couple of photos, I have a short video of the bike running with me driving and the SGT in the side car
    However I do not know how to post that.

Hope you enjoy as almost a year of very hard work, research and money went into this first effort.

Dean O
    Canada
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Old and Fat 4 CMRs with the Bike GGHG Change of Command Parade   2 Old and Fat 4 CMRs with the Bike GGHG Change of Command Parade  

2 Old and Fat 4 CMRs with the Bike GGHG Change of Command Parade   2 Old and Fat 4 CMRs with the Bike GGHG Change of Command Parade  

2 Old and Fat 4 CMRs with the Bike GGHG Change of Command Parade  

I think it is something to do with the image size.

Well presented!

Sorted the pics for you.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank you!!!

Dean

Nice work Dean. They did a great job on the bike and sidecar.
    You must have been suffering in that wool BD.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by CampX View Post
    Well here are a couple of photos of myself and the fellow that paid for the repro Douglas with side car, I am the only one in the group that has a Motorcycle ticket, so I ride it and explain what we are doing.
    These were taken at the Change of Command Parade for the Gov Gens Horse Guards in Toronto Ontario On Sat the 18th

The 3rd Div Badges on our our arms are too blue, but I am trying to find the proper colour and material, as well the bike needs some tweeking, some of it major. after we work out the finial "problems" with the bike, we will be getting more of them, perhaps 4 or 5 more

It was 35 degrees that day, on pavement, and as we did not march or ride during the parade, we were at Attention or At Ease for 2 hours, That was hard for 2 old men!!!
    My DR boots are original WW1 Private Purchase, they have a seal skin toung to stop water or mud from getting into the boots, I have them resoled for the uniform, the boots and Gaiters worn by the Sgt, were hand copied here of originals, I had the original 1913 Dated C Broad Arrowed Gaiters and a friend had the original boots, so our feet were somewhat sore.

Anyway, here are a couple of photos, I have a short video of the bike running with me driving and the SGT in the side car
    However I do not know how to post that.

Hope you enjoy as almost a year of very hard work, research and money went into this first effort.

Dean O
    Canada
    You boys aren't fat. You're fluffy.

CBH
    ?

Drive safe Dean O , hope the trip goes with out a hitch . What are you guys using for helmets , this is Canada after all .