Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

48 hour tactical battle

Article about: Hi James, not a PPSh41, but a PPS43 I am having. 35 round box mag and they are super relieable. I put 200 live rounds through one once (in an event with the Army) without a single failure. L

Default 48 hour tactical battle

Hi Guys, this weekend our group is holding a 48 hour "private battle". It will be held in a very large area of woodland. Section 5 MG's will be hired, so I will get my beloved PPS.

This event involves 2nd Guards and two German groups who portray "GD". The scenario is the fighting around Memel in 1945 with Soviet forces probing the German lines.

The event is very hard core and not for the faint hearted. You sleep and fight in what you stand up in. Not modern kit allowed only wartime pattern gear. Food is limited and we will just get one hot meal. We may even have a dusting of snow! Last year at night it was minus 2, the year before it was minus 10.

Our group will be outnumbered 3 to 1 by the "Facists" so we will have to work hard. We have several vehicles coming, Sdkfz 222 and Sdkfz 251 which will make things interesting.

I will give an after action report next Monday.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Guys, this weekend our group is holding a 48 hour "private battle". It will be held in a very large area of woodland. Section 5 MG's will be hired, so I will get my beloved PPS.

This event involves 2nd Guards and two German groups who portray "GD". The scenario is the fighting around Memel in 1945 with Soviet forces probing the German lines.

The event is very hard core and not for the faint hearted. You sleep and fight in what you stand up in. Not modern kit allowed only wartime pattern gear. Food is limited and we will just get one hot meal. We may even have a dusting of snow! Last year at night it was minus 2, the year before it was minus 10.

Our group will be outnumbered 3 to 1 by the "Facists" so we will have to work hard. We have several vehicles coming, Sdkfz 222 and Sdkfz 251 which will make things interesting.

I will give an after action report next Monday.

Cheers, Ade.
    Outstanding event Ade

sorry Ade you loose.---lol.

have you read about the Russian film coming out,Stalingrad.

Sounds like it will be a great event!

Слава Родины...

Comrade Stevenson's humble camp lodgings await him, having already been pitched to the rear of the battlefield....

48 hour tactical battle
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Good luck Ade hope all goes well!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Like the comments guys! I have not seen the film yet Harry, but I will.

We are always outnumbered...but the Germans always say it never seems that one sided to them. We do run our legs off and the Russian kit does seems to blend in well with the terrain.

We run the event via several sets of sealed orders. These are opened at set times and they give a series of objectives. Some have accurate intel, while others are rubbish, in order to simulate the fog of war. All firing has to cease at dusk due to safety concerns. (You can blind a man with a blank round if discharged too close.) So we will run a final scenario in the evening. Usually this will be to take a prisoner. A couple of years ago we took one young lad out of the foxhole he was sleeping in. He look genuinely sarced! As we grabbed him while he slept. His comrades did not know he had been taken.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

looking forward to the pictures ade ,and hopefully seeing you quickly emptying a drum magazine from the pps stay safe and warm out there

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast