Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Arnhem 69th Anniversary day....Holland!!

Article about: Hello everybody I have been sent some photos from a good friend in Holland who attended the day..I don't know much about this event but I thought the photos were that good I should post them

?

I will try for next year I will do some digging around as to what skive I can pull off Ger?. It would great for us to get together for a beer..& I have to agree with Paul on here the photos are damn good so a well done to Felix ...Cheers Terry.

Hi Ger, yes we will be there! We will arrange to meet up for sure.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Only just clicked on the pics of the Paras walking off the DZ: they are German. I have seen various nationalities jump onto Ginkle Heath over the years, but I cannot recall seeing the German Army take part before?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Ade,

in 2010 the germans para's jumped for the first time on the anniversary.
    This year American, Belgian, Canadian, German, British and Dutch Paratroopers were involved i the droppings.

Cheers,
    Ger

btw: nice to drink a beer next year Ade and hopefully Terry will be there too!

?

Ade the Fallschirmjager have been doing the Anniversary drop into Normandy for a few years in fact this year British Airborne jumped with them from German Fat Alberts into St Mere Eglise as we couldn't provide our own aircraft , a bizarre situation but we are all Kameraden now

Will have to see if we can russle up a few of our own Aircraft for the Ranville drop next year !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

No chance of that Paul with so many cut backs.. They can barely russle up the air frames for the jumps course!!!....So they will have to deliver by heli-bedford..Cheers Terry.

?

In my day to save money we had to use the Balloon on Queens Avenue , but that is defunct now too !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Long gone the balloon..lol..Straight into the C130 if they have any ??..Then theres the weather too. Could take forever to complete your basic jumps course...As I know lol..I nearly became part of the furniture at Brize!!! Cheers Terry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2