Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Battle of Britain 75th Anniversary Airshow Duxford

Article about: Anyone going?? I am there Saturday and cant wait !! Nick

It was great meeting you to mate!

That incredible Spitfire display was spellbinding !! I will never forget it!!!WOW!!

I had tears in my eyes and I still get emotional just thinking about it

I'll put some pics up this week

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    It was great meeting you to mate!

That incredible Spitfire display was spellbinding !! I will never forget it!!!WOW!!

I had tears in my eyes and I still get emotional just thinking about it

I'll put some pics up this week

Nick
    Thanks Nick, It was great meeting you too.

I am glad I was not the only one who found it a little emotional, but then again, it would have been difficult not to be after such a display in such a location at such a time.

I was surprised however how many people started leaving after the first fly past ! Some strange people around.

I stayed until the very last Spit touched down and we clapped everyone of them as they came into to land. I really had to sit in my car for 10 minutes afterwards to compose myself and take in what I had just witnessed. A truly momentous occasion, I really did not think it would have had such an affect on me !

Look forward to the pictures !
    Cheers

Some pics from the day
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battle of Britain 75th Anniversary Airshow Duxford   Battle of Britain 75th Anniversary Airshow Duxford  

Battle of Britain 75th Anniversary Airshow Duxford   Battle of Britain 75th Anniversary Airshow Duxford  

Battle of Britain 75th Anniversary Airshow Duxford   Battle of Britain 75th Anniversary Airshow Duxford  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Great pictures Nick ! Two suspicious looking characters there in the sunglasses ! haha

Was a superb day, wouldn't have missed it for the world

Cheers

?

Sorry i missed you guys , left my phone in the car and was one of those parked miles away in the field !! But your right it was a fabulous day , the Aerostars display was also a highlight but you just can't beat the sound of those Merlins !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I also found the display by the Chinook quite impressive to say the least ! I really was not aware they were capable of such maneuvers !!

?

Your right the way he was making it stand on end and then drop away was very impressive , there were some great aircraft but lots of superb flying skills on display as well !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Just realised that i saw you but didn't click on , i remember the Arnhem T Shirt !!

1st July 1916

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Just realised that i saw you but didn't click on , i remember the Arnhem T Shirt !!
    Yes, to be honest I saw you too Paul, you were standing over towards the railings by Sally B, I was going to come over and say Hello, I remembered you from Arnhem, but I didn't want to impose !!!

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Your right the way he was making it stand on end and then drop away was very impressive , there were some great aircraft but lots of superb flying skills on display as well !!
    Yes I agree, the pilots are amazing, the guy in the little Gyrocopter was superb, the way he threw that little thing around, overall was a great day all round

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast