Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Boots or Puttees?

Article about: Good day, gentlemen; it's Milo again. There's been something I've been pondering for a few weeks now and that is the footwear of the Russian uniform. I'm torn between getting either jackboot

?

Default Re: Boots or Puttees?

Then I guess I'll wear boots, then. (◕‿◕✿)

Quote by Milo View Post
    I was simply asking for your preference since I respect your opinion enough to act on it.
    I'm new and inexperienced to this so I'm sorry if my seemingly innocent question offended
    you, I was just curious..
    Hi Milo, your seemingly innocent question didn't offend me! You will note that in my original posting I asked you NOT to take offence at what I had said. It is easy to dress up as a soldier. It is not so easy to look like one. Whatever soldier you wish to represent you have to study how the equipment was worn. Soldiers would often utilise captured enemy webbing if it was better than theirs as well. Comfort is the most important thing when wearing equipment. For the record, I used to wear ladies stockings under my combat trousers. They don't half keep your legs warm in winter when you are out on patrol!

?

We also used ladies stockings in the Danish Army. I thought it was a Danish "invention". Keeps you warmer than most people would think. Secondly it also makes the combat trousers slide more easy over the knee/thigh area. Wonder who the hell came up with that!

Cheers

?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Hi Milo, your seemingly innocent question didn't offend me! You will note that in my original posting I asked you NOT to take offence at what I had said. It is easy to dress up as a soldier. It is not so easy to look like one. Whatever soldier you wish to represent you have to study how the equipment was worn. Soldiers would often utilise captured enemy webbing if it was better than theirs as well. Comfort is the most important thing when wearing equipment. For the record, I used to wear ladies stockings under my combat trousers. They don't half keep your legs warm in winter when you are out on patrol!
    Oh, I understand now. I was just worried about being accurate. One UK boy on youtube got cussed at for his SAS uniform for
    not having the right gear and I felt really bad for him because I knew he was trying...
    Oh, really? I know Soviets used MP-40's and Germans used PPSh's so I guess they'd take their gear, too..
    I guess you're right, it's very cold, snowy, and wet where I live so the grass and snow can soak into your
    shoes easily and then it's yucky to walk around in them. I suppose it's important to have extra stockings to bring along, too.

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    We also used ladies stockings in the Danish Army. I thought it was a Danish "invention". Keeps you warmer than most people would think. Secondly it also makes the combat trousers slide more easy over the knee/thigh area. Wonder who the hell came up with that!

Cheers
    Oh, Denmark... What will you come up with next? (✿◠‿◠)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2