Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011

Article about: Looks like everyone had a good time and you had a good turn out for the event. Yup, the B-24 is the iceing on the cake. Rudy

Default Re: D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011

Looks like everyone had a good time and you had a good turn out for the event. Yup, the B-24 is the iceing on the cake.

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

?

D-day was my first event also. I just found this forum tonight/morning. The planes flying over were great, although sitting on that hill wasn't fun, we kept sliding down it ( wouldn't have been bad if not in a dress). I wish I went around to the G I camp, and also around our German camp more. Did you guys get rained out also up on the top? Saturday night I didn't feel like getting soaked in that stupid tent, also didn't feel like sleeping with about a million mosquito, I tried sleeping in the van but that was over really fast. I'm glad I went but also grateful for my own bed and an actual shower, no bath in Lake Erie.

dday
    ?

I have gone to this event every year for the last 4 or 5 years. It keeps getting better and better. The addition of the higgins boats, and this year the b-25... too cool. All in all I think its not too terrible for a main stream event.

?

I'd love to go to this, but I don't think my parents would drive the entire family 9 hours just to watch something only I like.

The 2012 event this year was pretty good my first time riding on an amtrac, it had 4 .30 cal mgs and a 50. Got a few good pictures as well

D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011
    D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011
    D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011
    D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011
    D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011

Looks like you had a fantastic time, Mo ! - Love the B-25 Mitchell flying over too.
    The photos are excellent - I really like the one with the 'captured' flag,
    but for a German soldat in the background.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

The B-25 flew extremely low this year too, here is a clip of a fly by you could see the crewmen, faces and up the Bombay doors. Im in the group its over at 21 seconds!

Conneaut D-Day 2012 - SUPER LOW Bomber Fly-By - YouTube

?

looks like a really sweet event ..............would love to get into the re-enacting but i don't think there is to much of that around my parts here in canada

Here are some more photos! I carried the bazooka for the landing. (It still works...)

The 1st. I.D. veteran is John. I don't know how to spell his last name, so I won't try. He was there for it all. He had a really great sense of humor, and when we asked him about his Bronze Star, he replied, "Oh, I don't remember what I got that for, something I did on D-Day I suppose."

He was among the first wave on Omaha Beach. When we asked him about the heaviness of the MG fire and shelling when he first landed, he replied, "Not too bad!" hahah

I am the guy who is in the middle of the two G.I's, being carried back to a foxhole after being wounded!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011   D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011  

D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011   D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011  

D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011   D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011  

Attached Images Attached Images

Great stuff Mo, looks like you had lots of fun mate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast