MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Does being in the Military give you problems reenacting?

Article about: I'm Stationed here in Southern California and was curious if any one else in the Military gets into trouble or is looked down upon for reenacting the Axis side?

Default Does being in the Military give you problems reenacting?

I'm Stationed here in Southern California and was curious if any one else in the Military gets into trouble or is looked down upon for reenacting the Axis side?

I can tell you this, many members of the US military collect militaria of all types usely WW1,WW2 Korea and Viet-Nam.
    but it is look down to be a reenactor in the military.
    chris

?

Being in the military caused me a few problems.
    They take a dim view when an enlisted man borrows an officers jeep for a few hours and they really get pissed when you put someone in the hospital for a few days. They want you to be a warrior and when you are they get mad. Hard to understand sometimes.

I would imagine that it's mainly due to the fact that you would be portraying a nation that your country once fought against?

Ahah yeah that Military makes no sense so times.

Hi Cody, I know one or two servicemen over here who do portray Axis forces. It does not appear to be a problem for them. But I don't know if they advertise the fact.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I used to when I was in the military, no problems with it
    Ben

Thanks for the replies! I would like to eventually get into it but I'm worried about someone making a big scene about it.
    Ben did you have to keep it on the down low for the most part?

Not really Cody, the place where I worked everyone knew about my hobby and even gave me some right stick for it (banter). But again I did not broadcast it either, but nothing was ever said. In fact one day I bought in all my gear (We portrait 3rd company LSSAH) Everyone was amazed how effective the cam was etc and how similiar the kit was and we discussed modern tactics and how modern day tactics evolved from the German Stug/Rotter tactics. It was a real good afternoon with lots of interest (this included the station commander)
    Ben

As Ben has alluded to, it could be an educational experience for some of your comrades, but if your worried:
    Attached Images Attached Images Does being in the Military give you problems reenacting?