Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Getting into re-enacting...

Article about: Had an interesting weekend...

Hey Joe they always shoot the big guy first! I'd give you the .30 cal mg (hence the "kellys Heros" quote if you remember that), but hey my beer belly is growing - so I can't say crap! sorry

superb GI impression joe dont beat yourself up over how you were made ,a matter of fact im 6ft 5" too ,keep up the great work

I know it isn't real history, but on the TV series 'Combat' there was a big guy in the squad. Littlejohn. What would they do without us big guys to carry stuff like the BAR, a mortar, or an LMG? I think you have a great start there. Just get a lot dirtier and you'll look the part!

Thanks for the positive reinforcement, gentlemen!

I'm new to all of this, so I decided to buy mostly new reproduction or unissued authentic stuff. I didn't want to be the new guy of the group and show up to an event looking like I was a veteran.

I figure that as I go to events, my gear will become more worn-in as I become more experienced.

Since my last photo, my canteen/ carrier and an authentic first aid pouch and Carlisle bandage have been added to my impression. My M41 jacket (I HOPE IT FITS!), GI tank top undershirt, and a trouser belt should arrive either tomorrow or Monday.

In the mean time, I have been making use of my canteen cup
    Getting into re-enacting...

Here are some more shots of my gear...

Helmet is a front seam, fixed bale with Westinghouse liner. (Someone else repainted it... I snagged it off ebay). The liner was a mess and I cleaned it up/ replaced worn out pieces of webbing.

First aid pouch is marked '43... but it sure does look like '48.

Disregard the hooded sweatshirt... I just wanted to make sure it all fit with a bulkier under-layer.

Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...

top man joe ,your set up looks sweet ,nice lid too

I should also mention that I've been invited to join a group that portrays primarily the 88th Infantry Division but also the 1st Infantry Division.

Very excited!

Get yer bloody 'aircut!!!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Get yer bloody 'aircut!!!!
    He'll be tripping over it!....

lol, don't worry guys... I'll get a haircut and shave

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast