Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Getting into re-enacting...

Article about: Had an interesting weekend...

"Yeah...That's the way....High and tight...You're enjoying that ain't ya...??"

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

ned you never fail to make me chuckle

Well guys, here it is so far...

Quote by dramos View Post
    Very nice set up so far Joe! As for the people that think bigger people shouldn't take part… well then can shove it where the sun don't shine. Its all about the fun and love for history!
    Well said. And the reality is that recruiters didn't knock people back for being too big. The worst that could happen is that you might not get a job as a Lancaster tail gunner.

Joe, if some of those little blokes have a dig at you, show them this photo. The Turkish Officer, front row, second from right, must be at least 6'7" or more.

Cheers, Willie.

Thanks, Willie, I appreciate it!

In general, I'm just built stoutly. If it wasn't for my gut, I'd be more of a box than anything else.

Here are aome photos I found regarding big guys in the real army during WWII:

Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...

?

Looking good Joe

It's looking good so far!

At first with 'Sergeant Schultz' being mentioned I expected to see someone bulging out of a field jacket with a belt large enough for two, but no.
    Don't let it put you off though, I'm sure you'll fit right in with whatever group you join, regardless of weight or height. Remember it's all about your interest in history and certain people's opinions shouldn't hold you back.

Could be worse!:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Getting into re-enacting...   Getting into re-enacting...  

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    This topic doesn't seem to have gathered much of a following, but I thought I'd share my progress.

Here is my impression as of last week. Not bad so far, but the items I plan to add will make it better.
    Attachment 647869

Pictured are a front seam, fixed bale helmet with Westinghouse liner that I pieced together, wool service shirt, wool trousers, leggings & service shoes (out of view) combat suspenders and cartridge belt.

I'm a big guy... I've been working out and trying to eat better. People will say I'm already a "farb" based on my size... Oh well... I also realize I need to shave, but the missus wanted a beard for Valentines Day... lol

These items are currently in the mail:
    Canteen/ pouch
    First aid tin/ pouch
    M41 field jacket
    GI "wife beater" undershirt
    EM trouser belt

I'll update this thread once all the items are put together.
    Is your fly undone ??

Looking good so far !

Nah, it's a button fly is just kind of sitting weird.

?

Joes just really happy to get his uniform

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast