Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Getting into re-enacting...

Article about: Had an interesting weekend...

Quote by James C View Post
    cool photos joe can i ask what meat it is your eating with the kidney beans ?looks like the stove did a superb jobthanks for the updates
    Thanks, James!

The meat is SPAM! I scooped it out of the can using my mess kit spoon... hence the oddly shaped pieces. Warmed up, it all tasted great!

good stuff joe thanks for answering my questions ,i thought it was some kind of sausage meat ,and i bet you had worked up a great appetite on the day

lol no worries!

Not anything special, just a good ole can of modern spam with a repro vintage label slapped on it.

?

Fantastic pic's Joe. With all your gear you are looking the part!!!
    Well Done.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks, Phil!

I am working hard to also lose weigh to improve my impressions. I am down from 300lbs to 265! The ultimate goal was to be at 260 for my wedding but it looks like I will surpass that mark!

The start of an early war US Army Pacific or stateside impression...

I'm wearing khaki's from What Price Glory and an authentic M1917A1 refurbished by the Prairie Flower leather company. I'm using an authentic 1918 dated Mills cartridge belt (converted from a mounted belt), authentic first aid pouch and tin, and an authentic WWI dated canteen set.

I would like to add a M1910 haversack/ meat can/ shovel set to finish this impression off.

By adding an M1 helmet and WWII era field gear to this impression I can easily do a stateside Service Command impression.
    (Photo is from the 1944 Transit Strike in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)

Had our first 240th MP event of the season! As I mentioned before, this unit was stationed in Hyde Park, NY during the war (until FDR passed away) to protect the president and his property.

just great joe the b+w photos just add to the period feel too ,thanks for the updates regards james

Some more photos from the event last Thursday at a local middle school and then the Memorial Day bivouac at the FDR Birthplace and Presidential Library National Historic Site...

Middle School:
    Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...

FDR:
    (I did half of this event as an MP and then the other half as a fresh replacement back from his first bit of action in the 106th Cavalry.)
    Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...

A comparison of when I first started reenacting a year ago to a photo taken this past weekend.

I've lost 50+lbs in a year and I've done a lot of research on my impressions. Sometimes, less is more...

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast