Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This Girl has talent ! Very Touching and Inspirational !

Article about: I think I've now seen her skill being used on a British Television advert, .. although they show the sand techniques, they don't show here face. Gary J.

Default This Girl has talent ! Very Touching and Inspirational !

Hope this is the correct place to put this, this was sent to me by a very dear friend, hope you all enjoy, very awww inspiring... just wanted to share with you all..

This video shows the winner of 2009’s " Ukraine ’s Got Talent," Kseniya Simonova, 24, drawing a series of pictures on an illuminated sand table showing how ordinary people were affected by the German invasion during World War II. Her talent, which admittedly is a strange one, is mesmeric to watch.

The images, projected onto a large screen, moved many in the audience to tears and she won the top prize of about $75,000.

She begins by creating a scene showing a couple sitting holding hands on a bench
    under a starry sky, but then warplanes appear and the happy scene is obliterated.

It is replaced by a woman’s face crying, but then a baby arrives and the woman smiles again. Once again war returns and Miss Simonova throws the sand into chaos from which a young woman’s face appears.

She quickly becomes an old widow, her face wrinkled and sad, before the image turns into a monument to an Unknown Soldier.

This outdoor scene becomes framed by a window as if the viewer is looking out on the monument from within a house.

In the final scene, a mother and child appear inside and a man standing outside, with his hands pressed against the glass, saying good-bye.

The Great Patriotic War, as it is called in Ukraine, resulted in one in four of the population being killed with eight to 11 million deaths out of a population of 42 million.

Kseniya Simonova says: "I find it difficult enough to create art using paper and
    pencils or paintbrushes, but using sand and fingers is beyond me. The art, especially when the war is used as the subject matter, even brings some audience members to tears. And there’s surely no bigger compliment."

Please take time out to see this amazing piece of art.

YouTube - Kseniya Simonova's Amazing Sand Drawing

?

Default Re: This Girl has talent ! Very Touching and Inspirational !

that is very cool . Gary

Reg
    ?

Great talent, good soundtrack too.

Reg

?

She featured on a TV programme in the UK a few months ago , what an amazing talent
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    She featured on a TV programme in the UK a few months ago , what an amazing talent
    Yes I saw that Paul, unbeleivable !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks this definitely has the WOW factor here

?

it made the hairs on my arms and neck stand up.
    to take sand and light, and be able to invoke such feeling with it, i just find amazing.

I truely had a hard time not welling up watching it, it took me two tries to finish watching it. Very touching. One of the nicest things I've seen in a long time.

Mike

?

beautiful,....very moving

?

One VERY talented young lady.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast