Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmet Band Items

Article about: Whoopee, I'm here again with some more Vietnam stuff. More accurately, a question that has no real single answer. Outside of the classic Bug Repellent, Bore Cleaner, Ace of Spades Card and C

The cross was something my grandpa found in a car from a junkyard back in the '80s. Looks pretty worn and fitting..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Band Items  

can
    ?

Helmet Band Items
    Helmet Band Items
    This is certainly a rare item found in a band. The octopus ( squid) in the helmet band of Richard Schlagel ( C 1/5 USMC ) in Hue Feb. 1968. The squid was a Christmas gift from his brother, a sailor hence the squid. He also has the common pack of smokes and bug juice but the squid sets him apart. Iconic photos of an epic battle with many terrible days,this one included. Joe
    Last edited by can; 12-29-2018 at 09:46 PM.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    here's a good shot for you should have mentioned the trusty 'ol Zippo
    That poor grunt doesn't look old enough to shave!

Not so much within the helmet band but putting your blood type was not uncommon.
    Helmet Band Items

I have my bloodtype written on my helmet band! I've never seen this picture before..

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Here's my last scan - a "god knows" Chinese/Russian HG lever?
    The items pictured are 'adaptors' to charge magazines using stripper clips.

Carried one myself as much more compact than UK MOD plastic 'speed loader' while achieving the same aim. One was contained in every US bandolier of 5.56mm of Vietnam era (& much later - certainly in the 80s dated ones that I used in early 90s - maybe even still are?)… but nothing beats knowing exactly where one is when every second counts!

can
    ?

Quote by brickie501 View Post
    The items pictured are 'adaptors' to charge magazines using stripper clips.

Carried one myself as much more compact than UK MOD plastic 'speed loader' while achieving the same aim. One was contained in every US bandolier of 5.56mm of Vietnam era (& much later - certainly in the 80s dated ones that I used in early 90s - maybe even still are?)… but nothing beats knowing exactly where one is when every second counts!
    Good catch I didn't even see that tucked in there. Used the same type on M-14 just larger JoeHelmet Band ItemsHelmet Band ItemsHelmet Band Items

Added Purely for my own displays and totally contrived but here are a few of mine Helmet Band ItemsHelmet Band Items
    Regards James

Quote by can View Post
    Good catch I didn't even see that tucked in there. Used the same type on M-14 just larger Joe
    Cool - didn't actually look at weapons in picture (looking again, there are M-16s in background) as didn't know there had been 7.62 versions for M-14 … every day's a school day

?

Something else worn under the band
    Helmet Band ItemsHelmet Band Items

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast