Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Helmet covers

Article about: It looks like he has one of the pocket on top of his helmet I agree on the pic Mark

Default Re: Helmet covers

Sounds great Lars, love the attention to detail. I can't wait to see these rolling out, and mine arriving in the post

Jason

I can't wait to get mine and put it on a helmet with the HBT tunic I just bought!

?

Hello guys IMPORTANT MESSAGE

As some of you might know, me and wife and daughter are up north at the moment. We are working on the covers and a lot of other things. Our connectiong is so slow and bad due to the weather and general coverage that i can't even open my gmail... In the summer the connection works great but not now.

The ones of you that are interested in the covers, please post your sizes on a PM! If possible with measurements up across the dome/top. It will take me forever to check this thread.

Andy mate!! Please post the measurements you sent me earlier. They are important for scale.

I really look forward to get a good connection and get back on forum. "See" you all soon. Less than 2 weeks.

All the best

Lars

?

Hello guys

So i am back in Moscow and have been so for a few days. Here is an update on the helmet cover project. The templates are now finished as you can see on the pics below. We did not manage to put the covers together up north because of the slow/non working internet connection. Furthermore my subscription ran out so i most likely lost a lot of PM's All is now back to normal. It's very important for us that we get the sizes form the ones interested, because of the limited amount of fabric. She can put all the covers together in 1-2 days. Anna have done a great job with the templates. There is a lot more to it than i thought.

Please give me some size feed back ASAP, so we can get the covers done

A few pics. The original WH repair thread i bought from Butschek

Helmet covers

Helmet covers

Helmet covers

Helmet covers

Helmet covers

Regards, Lars

?

A nice size 64 for me mate !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Lars, I think the talented Anna is going to get them a lot closer than ANY field tailor would have at the time. I'm sure they had a 'one size fits all' design and even with the differences from maker to maker couldn't come up with a perfect fit! ........ I'm sure hers will be fantastic!!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Thanks a lot Paul and Dan. She will deliberately make them a little "rough" around the edges, and hand made of course

We need the guys who showed interest to tell if you are still interested or not. No problem if not She needs to have all the sizes in place to cut out the pieces because of the limited amount of fabric. She have to cut all at one time to get maximum out of what we have. I hope you understand what i mean here

Regards, Lars

Looks awesome, Lars! A 64 sized cover for me, please!

?

Lars

I have seen different thread for sale here: http://www.military-antiques-stockholm.com/ Search for "Thread"

Size 64 here mate, definitely still interested

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast