MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Helmet covers

Article about: It looks like he has one of the pocket on top of his helmet I agree on the pic Mark

Default Re: Helmet covers

Mine also has arrived but is in the workshop gathering some 'character'. Not too much however and shortly I should be able to show it off.
    I must agree with Joe that our Muscovite couple did a stellar job - thanks, Lars & Anna!

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Well, here is what I did with my helmet cover.

I decided to take a 'middle ground' approach by making a used but not abused cover and tried to simulate the wear that ( might have ) happened when the bullets, shrapnel, smoke and embers were flying - not only in "the fight for the tractor factory" but any skirmish at the time.

So there is dirt staining, watery oil ( or oily water ) edge wear from diving for cover and bumping into rubble, and ( in either a brave or foolhardy act ) burns from red hot metal ....... cutting steel with an oxy with the helmet under it being splattered.

I'm not showing the shell because it's a stripped M42 - original but serving the purpose of a form only - and sorry, no rubble or snow in my garden ........ struth, it IS Australia in Summer!!!!!

Cheers, Dan

I am unsure what holding mechanism to use ....... wire possibly but it would not have been rusty at the time and fresh wire just looks wrong - any suggestions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet covers   Helmet covers  

Helmet covers   Helmet covers  

My cover arrived in the mail in Utah, but the helmet it's for is in PA still! I am having my mom ship it to me.

I plan on actually wearing this for airsoft and reenacting, so my cover will get some real wear on it.

great looking covers ,and well displayed joe and dan ,nice to see the finished result
    Regards James

Anyone else ready to show their covers yet? Leon.

- - Updated - -

Anyone else ready to show their covers yet? Leon.

What about the rest of the covers? Has everybody got theirs? .....and what have you come up with?
    Need to give Anna and Lars some visual feedback for their efforts I reckon!

Cheers, Dan

Quote by Danmark View Post
    What about the rest of the covers? Has everybody got theirs? .....and what have you come up with?
    Need to give Anna and Lars some visual feedback for their efforts I reckon!

Cheers, Dan
    Hi all,i know you have seen my handy work already but i thought i would post this update as i have replaced the nylon tie cord on my cover with a bit of very old thick rusty fence wire! I think it works a treat and looks just like something "cobbled"together in the field when your original cord had snapped!!! Lets see more covers guys!! Thanks once again to Lars and Anna! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet covers   Helmet covers  

Helmet covers  

Pushing Lars' thread back up with some pix of my new ( old ) wire addition to my cover. I wanted it to look as it would have at the time.
    C'mon guys where are all the others??????
    Cheers, Dan

Helmet covers  

great work to all involved
    Regards James

?

WOW Guy's. They look just great!! Thanks for sharing our creations here and giving them some "life". I never thought they would look this good

Cheers Lads

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast