Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

An Hotel for War refugies.

Article about: Hi, i found this photo and part of news for sale on a auction site for 50 euros, crazy price for a photo and piece of paper, but since im not interested in buying it, never mind. But what i

Default An Hotel for War refugies.

Hi, i found this photo and part of news for sale on a auction site for 50 euros, crazy price for a photo and piece of paper, but since im not interested in buying it, never mind.
    But what i like is the information on it. "Hotel Netto" was an hotel situated in Sintra, that was specialized in giving a bed and roof to jews and foreign war refugies. The photo was taken in 1941 and shows a bus load of american refugies, that were going to spend the night before catching the ship for america the next day. This hotel is not very far from where i work, i went there today to take some photos of it. Here`s how it looks today.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Attached Images Attached Images An Hotel for War refugies.  An Hotel for War refugies.  An Hotel for War refugies. 
    Last edited by António Fragoeiro; 09-09-2010 at 09:26 PM.

Default Re: An Hotel for War refugies.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An Hotel for War refugies.   An Hotel for War refugies.  

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An Hotel for War refugies.   An Hotel for War refugies.  

An Hotel for War refugies.   An Hotel for War refugies.  

Interesting thread Nuno and nice pics. I am a Hotelier and I have an interest in hotels that were part of WW2

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nice "then and now" comparison. Always interesting to see if places have changed much since the war.

Cheers, Ade.

aticus
    ?

Yes, nice job and research.
    Thanks.

Wolfspear, Ade, aticus, thank you for the kind replys.
    Im glad you liked.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

For those who remember this thread, here is an update of the site.
    Interior is near the limite and higher floors are almost unacessible. It is a shame they let it come to this.
    These photos are a year old, now, forgot i had them
    Cheers
    Nuno

Providing even more detailed images, by courtesy of Adónis Santos

Cheers
    Nuno