Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

The Japanese SS

Article about: These photos might cause a bit of mirth to some, they are old photos, I downloaded them a few years back, and was looking through a few old photo discs and re-discovered them, obviously some

Nearly as mad as Hitler! Leon.

?

Thought i'd seen it all this is completely bizarrre !!

?

I burned myself on the coffecup, i was not prepared for these photos. I was waiting for some ww2 related questions.
    Thanks for an entertaining thread with some nice photos.

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Thought i'd seen it all this is completely bizarrre !!
    I cant seem to digest this cultural switch...quite weird.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Years ago I saw a magazine article about a bunch of Japanese in Kyoto who formed the "Erica Club." They would hold their meetings, in uniform, at a German Cafe. Following dinner they would watch war era movies and would then stroll the streets of Kyoto in their uniforms. Note that except for one guy in the pictures, they are all officers and most are general rank. The swords cannot be real as they would be prohibited by law in Japan. They likely have a blade less than 3" so as not to conflict with Japanese law. They seem to be having fun but to me, it is all quite silly.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Some Japanese people seem obsessed with other countries "culture" like the interest in rockabilly and 50s rock and roll!....The Japanese SSThe Japanese SSThe Japanese SS
    No offense meant to any of our Japanese members!...

Why don't we get our own back and start dressing up as the Kempe Tai? That'll teach em!

Some "caucasian" people seem obsessed with other countries "culture" like the interest in

The Japanese SS

and some have spent many years doing it

The Japanese SS
    Last edited by another ant; 04-19-2014 at 05:37 AM.
    Jedem das Seine

These people are a sub culture known as "cosplay". They dress in animated character, Disney, Science Fiction, comic book hero, nazi, and a host of other things. There is a convention held near where I live in San Diego known as Comic Con. where they all dress in their character of choice (or their interpretation of the character). It has it's origins in Japan and started with the Harajuku kids that were into high fashion and sort of came up with their own look and style of dressing, hair, and make up. Harmless really, but I agree odd to see SS uniforms worn in public without the wearer being attacked by an angry mob.

I went out with a woman many years ago that had a bewildering collection of "harigata", but she definitely was not Japanese...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast